• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need seome help with my front panel headers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I have a Biostar TA890FXE. Yesterday I installed a water-cooling loop. I plugged in all the headers, but the power button wont work. The reset button works, but the power button doesnt. To further investigate, I plugged the reset header into the pwoer header, since I know the reset button worked fine. This did not turn on the computer. Then, I took the old power header out of the other case I just replace, and that header will reset the computer if I plug it into the reset spot, but it wont power on the computer.

What could be the issue here? Fortunately I can turn the computer on directly from the motherboard, but I'd like to be able to turn it on from the buttons on the front. Is my motherboard defective, or is there something that I might need to change? What do you guys think?

Maybe a grounding issue. Its gonna suck to have to do it but remove the motherboard from the case and try it outside the case and see if the power switch works then. If not RMA.

If you have the room at the very least remove the mounting screws and lift the board from the case some and place a thin layer of cardboard between the board and case making sure nothing is making contact and try it that way. This would keep you from having to disconnect your loop.

Maybe a grounding issue. Its gonna suck to have to do it but remove the motherboard from the case and try it outside the case and see if the power switch works then. If not RMA.

If you have the room at the very least remove the mounting screws and lift the board from the case some and place a thin layer of cardboard between the board and case making sure nothing is making contact and try it that way. This would keep you from having to disconnect your loop.

Already tried that too....I even tried powering it on from the front panel by connecting the two jumpers by touching them with a screwdriver.

I just got off the phone with Biostar, and they say its an RMA issue :(

Sorry to hear that, but at least you can RMA it. Strange that it happened when it did and this is the first time I have heard of this issue, maybe just a weak soldier joint on the board somewhere and when installing the loop it allowed it to give.

Back