• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok basically im looking to get a bit faster loading times on windows and my games and a few apps and wondering whats the bext way to go about it, either better hard drive or raid or something else. along with the rig in my sig i have

1x 80gb SATA western digital
1x 120gb SATA western digital
1x 160gb SATA seagate
1x 250gb SATA western digital

i think they are all 8mb cache but cant remember.

now i run my windows off my 80gb and its partitioned into a 15gb for windows and program files and the other part is for some of my games. the 120 and 160 are storage for music movies and other junk and the 250 is games and junk. so im wondering whats the best setup to have? i was thinking maybe a 36gb raptor for windows and program files and games only on my 120gb. now im not too sure how raid works but i think i understand it, if i get another 80gb can i raid the 2 of them so its 1 80gb thats faster? if so could i then have the things i want to load fast on my 80gb and everything else on the other stuff?

i hope im making sense here lol, basically i want a non expensive way to get my games, windows and a few big programs to load faster.

thanks.

Back