• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some case fans....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

So, I'm in the market for some 120mm case fans. I've bought 2 sets so far on amazon and have been incredibly disappointing. I'm buying cheap crap fans thinking I just want to move some air and don't care if there kinda loud but get the job done, but apparently everyone is in the market of "quiet n kool" or "I litterly don't suck so bad you wasted money...but can't hear me!"
I'm looking for some fans that'll move some air (free, not over a radiator) and is around 45db but not $20 a fan! Not looking for cut your finger off delta, but some good, don't care if a little loud 5-10 fans!

You're really going to have a hard time finding a better bang for your buck than these Cougar fans. I bought 3 of these 4 packs and have been very pleased with them. I only use them as case fans and they push plenty of air for that purpose.

Honestly the only better deal out there that I'm aware of for new fans would be Yate Loon high speeds IF you can find them available and with cheap/free shipping. They are considerably louder but better for radiators.

Whatever you do don't buy Cooler Master Sickle Flow LED 120mm they are loud as all hell not at rated noise definitely. Those I have right now were cheap also not that bad if you want cheap and more or less quiet fans.

I've had good luck with Yate Loons keeping my Phenom II cool, but when I moved to 140mm more expensive fans the difference was quite noticeable. Still, I have no problem with grabbing Yates as long as the price is right (and it usually is). Pay attention to what speed yates though they come in low/med/high variations. The reading that I have done suggests that the high rpm variant is fairly loud, but Ive only had mediums myself.

I have the Highs and lows. I would not buy the lows again. They're quiet but don't move enough air. If I need to quiet my high speeds I use a 7 volt adapter I made.

For case fans, I havce no problem with Yate Loon lows, but the mediums are quite good. You have to buy extra, though: some may click; they may wear out (YMMV). Scythe Slip Stream DB's make fine case fans, too. Select your speed. With dual ball bearings (DB) they are fine case fans.

Back