• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some cooling advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikenac

Registered
I am going to build a tiny computer for out kitchen so we can surf the web/watch tv. I have ordered the Antec ISK110 case pictured below
11-129-095-02.jpg

and have also ordered this embedded motherboard

ASUS_N3150I-C_02.png

Do you think I will run into overheating issues since there is no fan? if yes what kind of options do it have as far as slim compact fans without bolting to the outside of the case?

Any slim fan and some VHB tape/zip ties or what it take to mount it will help. I'd just buy a small fan for the cpu and call it a day.

But if I were you I would try the system without a fan and see whats it like.

Last edited:
A little bit more searching and I found the Antec spot cool fan. I think that will work awesome

Hopefully it'll fit ;)
This.
I'd just buy a 10mm think (or less) 80/82/120mm fan and put it one the side of the case or a 40/60mm fan and put it on the cpu with some VBH or zip ties or something.

What cpu does the mobo have, if it's sub 25w you should only need good air flow so long as it's not at full load 24/7.

That board comes with a 6W Celeron processor. The Heatsink that is included will be plenty as long as you don't block the side mesh ventilation. Cool little set-up really.

That board comes with a 6W Celeron processor. The Heatsink that is included will be plenty as long as you don't block the side mesh ventilation. Cool little set-up really.

6w, OP you don't need a fan if that's true.

well that is good news. I have never built something this small and without fans so I figured id take the safe route and ask before its all together. thank you all!

Back