• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help and advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harderfaster

can anyone help me im not the greatest when it comes to processors ,im considering upgrading my processor in the near future and have been looking at the following processors links below my set up is not the greatest but then again i don't us it for gaming, im more of a music man myself i produce and edit mainly and i do a little bit of graphic design and ive found that my processor is starting to show its age its all about budget really and i think the price of these two are very reasonable

AMD Athlon II X4 750K Black Edition 3.4GHz FM2 4MB 100W £56.42

AMD Athlon II X4 740 3.2GHz FM2 4MB 65W £51.82

my current set up is

3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N78-AM Rev X.0x
3072 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Windows 7 Professional (x64) (build 7600)
geforce GT210 520MHz 1Gb PCI-express 2.0 x16

Welcome to the forums, both of those Cpu's will be an upgrade, you will also need to upgrade the motherboard and most likely the ram as well. Those processors are FM2 socket and your athlon is in the AM2, AM2+ or AM3 family. If you give a budget maybe we can put something together for you that fits your needs.

oh brilliant thank you well ill have a think of budget and ill be back soon then

many thanks

Back