• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help over here! =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool N Quiet is only active when the processor is idling.

I note from the last pic of HWMonitor that your minimum CPU socket temp is 1c. Man, that can't be right. Something is screwy with your temp sensors altogether. They are all over the place.

What is your ambient (room) temperature? If you live in a very hot climate and the room where the computer is located is very hot then that could explain why your temps are so high.

Where I live there's an average of 29C - 30C ambient temperature.

With my A/C on it drops to 22 - 23C.

I don't think your socket temps are accurate at all. 1 core is 10 degrees hotter than the other? How did that happen? If I were you, I would do everything in my power to keep that processor cool, and I wouldn't push it too hard until I found out some way to monitor temps.

Last edited:
I don't think your socket temps are accurate at all. 1 core is 10 degrees hotter than the other? How did that happen? If I were you, I would do everything in my power to keep that processor cool, and I wouldn't push it too hard until I found out some way to monitor temps.

Not uncommon at all in the AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPUs. They actually have two core temp sensors, one for each core. The newer AMD CPUs only have one core temp sensor for all the cores. The software temp reporting programs are actually reporting the same reading four times or six times or eight times, depending on how many cores the CPU has. That's why the core temps look so uniform on the newer CPUs.

Hello all,

I think I have solved my problem. I've lower the CPU voltage from 1.4v to 1.2v and poof, problem solved, now my CPU doesn't exceed 60C and I can play Sniper Elite for more than 2 hours and run Prime95 for 25minutes =)

Thank you guy for all your support and your ideas. This community is the best!

Regards,
Yatiac.

Your original vcore setting wasn't particularly high but with your high ambient temps I guess it was too much. Normally, we don't consider a system to be stable unless it will pass Prime95 for at least two hours but if its stable for how you use it that's all that counts. A better CPU cooler would do wonders for your system.

Your original vcore setting wasn't particularly high but with your high ambient temps I guess it was too much. Normally, we don't consider a system to be stable unless it will pass Prime95 for at least two hours but if its stable for how you use it that's all that counts. A better CPU cooler would do wonders for your system.

The thing is though, a Hyper 212 Plus is considered a really good air cooler. He either has one of the very few defective units (like some of the heatpipes are just empty), or his CPU temp sensors are just wrong.

Oops! I forgot that he had that cooler. Yes, it is a good aftermarket cooler. I still wonder if the OP had applied the TIM correctly. I recommended the "two line" method to him but I'm not sure what he did with that. I find that is more reliable on the exposed heat pipe coolers than the "blob in the center" method because with the latter on exposed heat pipe cooler the ridges and channels of the heat sink base can block the spread of the TIM.

Back