• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with gpu cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marshall104

So as the title says I'm looking for some help with keeping my gpu cool. In my case (Silencio 352) currently I have stuffed a 240mm AIO cpu cooler, a Corsair RM750 modular PSU, 2 HDD's, 1 ssd and an ASUS Strix R9 390. From what I can tell the fans on the gpu are pulling up heat from the psu and helping the card overheat when I'm gaming. If I turn the fans up to 100% and keep the side off the case I can play most of my games with out too much trouble...but that's pretty loud so what I'm looking for is a way to either keep the heat of the psu away from the gpu (I've tried one of those pci slot blowers with no real effect) or find a better cooling option for the card itself (which I think is my best bet). I've been looking into the NZXT Kraken G10 and the Corsair HG10 but I don't know which is best for me or even if they'll fit my card so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also here's a pic of my current setup for reference.
20151229_210649.jpg

Do you have any exhaust fans besides the single one in the back?

The heat radiating off the top of the PSU really isn't the issue here.

What I do see is the fan in the back blowing IN the case when it should be blowing OUT of the case. You should have front/sides = intake, top/rear = exhaust for proper airFLOW.

What direction are the fans on the radiator blowing? Do you have any fans up top? I'm thinking you need proper and possibly more airflow... this line of yours confirms it:
and keep the side off the case I can play most of my games with out too much trouble...

Oh wow, just saw the fan direction (was mobile this morning when posting)... definitely change the fans around the way EarthDog listed.

Looks like the OP has a fan ontop as an intake also. Need to flip that one as well to blow outwards outside the case.

Looks like the OP has a fan ontop as an intake also. Need to flip that one as well to blow outwards outside the case.

Ah, good eye! Like we said before, and always say (because it works) front/sides = intake, top/rear = exhaust, for proper airFLOW.

With that setup, I am wondering if it is backwards.. top/rear = intake and front = exhaust...

Flip that around!! Sure the GPU will be getting slightly warmer air, but there will be proper airFLOW in the case so the problem should go away.

.....well I feel silly...I flipped the exhaust fans to actually exhaust and wala heat problem fixed...Thank you all for the quick replies and easy solution.

If you have the money, You can water-cool the GPU, remove the AIO CPU cooler, and get a small pump with a tiny res, and get another 240mm rad. Make sure to use Hard-line tubing since it is so small. You will be surprised how much you can fit into that case, and still fully water-cool your CPU and GPU, and most likely make more room. If you have any recommendation, let me know. I build custom water-cooled systems. That would keep everything cool, and mobile.

Heres an example of my latest work. (My PC so its not the best looking.)
D4MSOlJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1071.JPG
    IMG_1071.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Back