• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with my overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dotz24

Evening guys,i need some help

So my configuration is next

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L v1

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)

Ram : 2+2gb ddr2 800mhz

Gpu Hd 4650 ddr2 512mb

PSU Frontier 400w

So,my processor is at 3.00Ghz,and i want more ghz,i have a cooler from hp dc 7700 with 2 heatsinks,i think that is better from stock socket 775 cooler,so i put it on mbo.. I read that people can overclock it to 4.00ghz,but i want stable clock for 24/7 work. But when i overclock it from bios,system crash,and turns off,restart,so i cleared cmos,and everythings is good at stock.

So,what program or advice can me recommend me?

Thanx and best wishes for new year,which was before 3 days :D

E8400 can easily make it to 4Ghz and more.

It'd help to have faster RAM though. And I also don't like your motherboard. 4 phase with no heatsinks? I'm not sure I'd risk overclocking your chip on that board...

E8400 can easily make it to 4Ghz and more.

It'd help to have faster RAM though. And I also don't like your motherboard. 4 phase with no heatsinks? I'm not sure I'd risk overclocking your chip on that board...

Hm,why man? I must say whatever i try in bios in overclocking my pc shuts down,and restore at normal clock.So i cannot overclock it .. I read some guys have same mbo and cpu and with stock cooler can go at 3.6ghz for 27/7 use,and that is my wish...

You're probably not overclocking properly. Have you read this? http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...lock-C2Q-(Quads)-and-C2D-(Duals)-A-Guide-v1-1

Basically your motherboard has a low phase count and no heatsinks. This means the power delivery components are going to run very hot, even stock. Overclocked they're going to get very very toasty.
In some cases this can cause board failure, as one or several of these components can literally blow. Often times this takes other components, such as the RAM or CPU out of comission along with the motherboard.

Just because they're at 3.6 doesn't mean you can get 3.6. Their chip might be able to do 3.6 on significantly less voltage than yours. They might have better case air flow, or they may have modified their VRM cooling.

Really, for overclocking an older chip like that, I would feel most secure having at least split 4 phase or true 8 phase power delivery and some nice beefy VRM heatsinks.

ASUS_P45_P5Q_Premium_01.jpg

Understood,wont even try because my northbridge is preety hot at stock,i added 2x 120mm spire ventilators at case now it is better,isnt that hot but..Okay,thanks mate,greeting.

Back