• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need someone to zip win7 x64 .net

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
So microsoft has truly ticked me. I'm going round and round trying to fix my .net on windows 7. Every solution ends up failing, most of which are because somewhere in the process I need .net to repair .net.

I can't do a repair install (in-place upgrade) because the installer can't find a temporary fold because the installer uses .net.

I can't extract .net from the cd because the windows AIK relays on .net.

So someone who has windows 7 x64 SP1 and is fully updated can you create a zip/. 7z/.tar.gz of your %Windows%\Microsoft.Net folder? It'll be pretty big, around 8-900, mb. I can' provide ftp details for the upload.

I'm hoping replacing the whole folder with someone's that is working will be the fix.

I'm going round and round trying to fix my .net on windows 7.

If this is the same system whose registry was damaged by the overclock, it may be that the damage is just manifesting itself as a .net problem but its extent may be much wider.

I know you don't want to hear about reinstalling but OC registry damage rarely affects just one specific thing. I hope you get this problem resolved Shelnutt2.

I had a similar issue when I swapped out my motherboard. everything appeared to work except for .net stuff. I couldn't repair/reinstall/replace it. Only solution was a reinstall.
Good luck.

If this is the same system whose registry was damaged by the overclock, it may be that the damage is just manifesting itself as a .net problem but its extent may be much wider.

I know you don't want to hear about reinstalling but OC registry damage rarely affects just one specific thing. I hope you get this problem resolved Shelnutt2.

And with an OC, at least core unstable-ness, it's common to get error messages about programs then all errors go away without reinstalling anything by just turning down the OC!

Darn. But with the way ms operates this is not surprising. It was difficult for me on my 32bit win7 instal to get all the .net updates without them erroring out. There are some fine aps that require .net4 but I may end up removing .net altogether and simply look for other aps that don't need it. I rarely boot into windows anymore anyways.

Back