• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions for dedicated HDMI recorder based PCI-e Intensity Pro 4k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbl

Registered
I want to build a small computer dedicated to recording a HDMI feed.

The capture card is the Intensity Pro 4k by Blackmagic. It connects in PCI Express 4 and is compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane slots. Many softwares support it but they made their own software dedicated to recording. Everything could run on either Windows or Linux so if Linux means less resource usage, I'm all about that.

Here is a link to the tech specs of the capture card: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k/techspecs/

I want to record in 2160p30. I assume I must record to SSD to guarantee no frame loss. They actually aren't that explicit about this. I emailed them to know more about their recommended specifications. I'm not sure if the card requires a dedicated GPU but it might.

EDIT:

Apparently it requires a dedicated GPU (like GTX9800 and +) and less importantly, a somewhat fast CPU. Also, it's most likely not compatible with smaller motherboards so a small case is probably out of the question. My guess is a 2-3 years old gaming pc is the kind of rig I'm looking for.

Last edited:
What 4k source are you trying to record? Not much 4k content available.

I ask because there may be an easier way to get what you want.

Back