• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Suggestions for SLI 770 Classified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wwcrossww

Hey guys, I just recently purchased a EVGA GTX 770 Classified, which led to me purchasing a 2nd one a few days later. Now I need to update my PSU and I have been reading a lot of people saying that a Corsair 750TX will power everything just fine.

I have been looking at a few different PSU's and wondering which would be the best option.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/404593/SuperNOVA_NEX750G_750_Watt_ATX_12V_Power_Supply

http://www.microcenter.com/product/399156/HX_Series_HX850_850_Watt_ATX_12V_Modular_Power_Supply

Or if I should just bump up to something in the 1000w range. Any help would be appreciated. Going to be making a trip to Microcenter after work.

The HX is very nice. Also very nice are the CoolerMaster V series PSUs and the Seasonic X series.

Yea I think my biggest concern is whether the 750W Supplies is going to have enough power to run the SLI 770's. I am on edge about getting something thats damn near maxed out. the cards claim they need 600W, but there is no way you need 1200W to run 2

Yea I think my biggest concern is whether the 750W Supplies is going to have enough power to run the SLI 770's. I am on edge about getting something thats damn near maxed out. the cards claim they need 600W, but there is no way you need 1200W to run 2
That is 600W for the whole SYSTEM, . The card itself can consume around 230W (256W full overclocked).

A quality 750W PSU is plenty to power 2 770's and a CPU both overclocked to the hills.

The modular flavor is actually a fairly different unit. Four 4.1mOhm 12v rectifiers instead of six 3.7 mOhm on the non-modular for example.
It's still Superflower and closely related and is still a good unit (http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Rosewill/CAPSTONE-750-M/10.html), but assuming that a modular version of a non-modular unit with the same name is the same inside is asking for trouble.

Corsair's TX750 is another wonderful example, the TX750, TX750v2 and TX750m are all on wildly different platforms.

Ok that makes a little more sense. Right now Im currently running a i7 3770k OC'd to 4.5Ghz, not sure if Im going to even mess with the clocks on the classifieds being that its already going to be a beast with them SLI'd, maybe later down the road.

Ok that makes a little more sense. Right now Im currently running a i7 3770k OC'd to 4.5Ghz, not sure if Im going to even mess with the clocks on the classifieds being that its already going to be a beast with them SLI'd, maybe later down the road.

Take a look at my signature, we almost have identical systems, I'm using a 850W with the same OC as you and I didn't have any issue. 750W should be plenty but you can throw a few more bucks and be on the safe side.

Thanks for all the replys, I think I'll be able to figure something out with a little better info now.

And your system is nearly Identical to mine anhikilator. We even have the same MOBO and hard drives..lol

Back