• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to clear Windows password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Team kizb

I bought a used laptop from someone because it had a cracked screen. So I plugged it into a monitor only to find that they had a password on their user profile.

Whats the easiest way to clear all the passwords so I can log in?

I don't think this is allowed under the forum rules.

Why not just ask for them what their password was?

Hmm, sorry mods, if this type of help isn't allowed, please delete.

She doesn't know what it is either, the laptop had been laying around for a couple months.

I am mobile ATM so I can't find the forum rules, but I would consider this outside of allowed.

If a moderator says it's AOK then I will gladly help.

My advice for now is google it. (i think that's allowed :p)

Sorry, even though your intentions might be good, we can't discuss it. There is a ton of information available online.

If you don't need to recover the password (simply remove it) and this is XP, it is very easy. I will say that much. I'm guessing Vista/7 is probably just as easy.

Sorry, even though your intentions might be good, we can't discuss it. There is a ton of information available online.

If you don't need to recover the password (simply remove it) and this is XP, it is very easy. I will say that much. I'm guessing Vista/7 is probably just as easy.

Understood

Back