• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need ultimate settings guidance for P5B Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quadcore

Registered
Need some helpful hand,to guide me through this.POST screens take too long,NVRam is beeing checked,disks recognized and configured twice,JMicron controller takes seconds to complete,i am overall not satisfied even with my new SSD booting.Happy to fill in my system specs...thanks in advance.

Nobody knows how to properly set up a 775 socket?A SSD in AHCI mode on an already installed windows OS?Configure SATA drives to be recognized as SATA and not as IDE?

The problem is you need a clean install on the new SSD. You're going to run into issues just installing an SSD with windows already on it.

Once AHCI is enabled, the SSD will run normally. IDE mode is running a single sata disk.

Sounds like a rock solid answer.How about cloning an installation on a wiped clean SSD and before reboot,enabling AHCI?Got issues already...

Back