• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Needing help with overclocking my memory to 1066mhz... Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arsonisti

I'm having a terribe time with my new 4x2gb Kingston HyperX 1066mhz kits. I just can't get them running in 1066, actually not stable even on 800mhz. I have contacted ASUS and Kingston, and Kingston gave me info to set the timings on 5-5-5-18 and System Memory Multiplier to 4.00. The problem is that my BIOS does not even have this SMM option. I have also tried to raise NB and Memory voltages, but with very poor results. I hope that you could help me, as you possibly know a little bit more than me...

Here's the specs;

Intel Q9300
Kingston HyperX 4x2gb 1066mhz
Asus GTX550 Ti TOP
4 harddrives.
650w Corsair power

I have the latest BIOS update installed.

Please make my day fellows...!

Thanks in advance! :salute:

What model board do you have? And post a direct link to either Kingston, Newegg, et al showing the EXACT model of RAM installed, or post the model number off the modules.

I doubt you'll be able to get 8GB w/ all 4 DIMM slots populated running at DDR2-1066 on the 780i. Possibly DDR2-800 w/ vNB up around 1.40V, and DRAM timings of 5-5-5-15 or looser at 2.2-2.3V. Try loosening the CAS from 5 to 6 (6-5-5-15), then tRCD and tRP from 5 to 6 individually. Also try a looser tRFC w/ Command Rate set to 2T, or the looser 3T if available as an option.

Thanks....

Thanks man. Atleast my system works steady on 800mhz now... I have had this issue for 2 years, I'm very grateful. I applied you BIOS settings, and it hasn't crashed even once after that.

Now, if I want to get more kick out from my system, is that even worth trying?

Thanks again, mate!:salute:

Back