• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netbook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Deathman,

What did you end up deciding upon?

I've been eyeing the HP Mini 210's myself. Please bring us up-to-date. :) -- Paul

Deathman,

What did you end up deciding upon?

I've been eyeing the HP Mini 210's myself. Please bring us up-to-date. :) -- Paul

Im really thinking of the HP Mini 210HD version. I haven't purchased it yet but just waiting for the proper time to get it. Since its my wifes, and truly its her decision I think that is the way im leaning unless by chance a decent laptop hits for a price not much more than this. Think its $350 when all said and done with Win7 or $380 with the Broadcom card.

Interesting. I've been leaning towards the HP 210 myself, although I can't seem to find the HD version here in the UK. I'm hoping I can buy the broadcom card in the US and ship it over ...

Do you have a link to your preferred version?

Interesting. I've been leaning towards the HP 210 myself, although I can't seem to find the HD version here in the UK. I'm hoping I can buy the broadcom card in the US and ship it over ...

Do you have a link to your preferred version?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...xp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/Mini/mini210hd_series

Its $50 more then the non-HD version giving a nice 1366 x 768 display. I've seen netbooks and while yes the lower res is ok, having that little extra is nice to have IMO expecially web pages.

I was originally leaning on the dells til I heard how hot those suckers get, which is why I ditched it all togeather. Wanted something with a higher res, though it would of been nice if the 6-cell batter was fully internal, I'll probably just still use the 3-Cell for it.

As well its easy to upgrade this for memory, wifi card, and the expansion slot which can be used for the GPS or Broadcom card. Broadcom card at least is similarly priced to what else in on the market to purchase it outright, unless you go to e-bay im guessing you can get it a little cheaper.

Thanks, Deathman.

Alas, I'm having a tough time finding that model here in the UK--I'd gladly shell out the extra for the higher resolution and the broadcom card. I've even toyed with buying a regular 210 here and having the broadcom card shipped over from the US.

Instead, I'd probably get N270 + ION if I were going to go the netbook route. As it were, I'm currently very tempted to just spend a bit more on an HP dm3. Very nice specs for 450, which is only about 65 GBP over the higher-end netbook options.

Thanks, Deathman.

Alas, I'm having a tough time finding that model here in the UK--I'd gladly shell out the extra for the higher resolution and the broadcom card. I've even toyed with buying a regular 210 here and having the broadcom card shipped over from the US.

Instead, I'd probably get N270 + ION if I were going to go the netbook route. As it were, I'm currently very tempted to just spend a bit more on an HP dm3. Very nice specs for 450, which is only about 65 GBP over the higher-end netbook options.

Yeah the thing is if I was going that route I might as well get a Laptop at that point otherwise yes an N270 + ION would be the way... or the ION2 which is coming out soon.

Thanks, Deathman.

Yeah, I agree. I think since I'm already in the 380 ballpark for the N270 + ION, I might as well go 450 for the dm3 as a low-end laptop. Better specs all around, and I'd just consider it as a super high-end netbook. Still nice and portable, which is actually just as much a goal for me as cheap + decent performance. :) -- Paul

Back