• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New a new psu. help me find one.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

Ok last night i smelld that smell everyone dreads then today i smelled it even more than poof my psu died. After takeing it apart for parts and fans i found what happen. heres the pic of the coil that should be red. http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/bignazoc/coil.jpg yeah its bad but that was the only think i cold see that burned out on it.

Ok i need a new psu that will power this rig

AMD Sempron 2500+ @ 3100+ clocks

Gigabyte K8NS Mobo

768mb but i plan on upgradeing to 1.5gb in 3 dimms

5 led 80mm case fans

2 lcd fan controles

GeForce 6600 but i would like a psu that could handle somthing a little better but im limited to AGP

60gb ide maxtor

3 ccl lights

evercool WC-301 Water cooling set up

i tryed 2 crappy psu's and my 450watt poped and im on my back up 400 watt but powering 1/2 my system my graphic card iseing getting the power it needs and is scoreing 1/2 of what it should but this psu will probly die soon so i need a new one asap.

i would like it to have modular cables but a must is a 80 or 120mm in the psu sucking air form inside the case and blowing out of the back of the psu...i hate dust.

Thanks for all the helpo ahead of time.

enermax liberty 500. It's sli too and is very efficient. I'm monitoring it's use with a power usage meter and it hold's up to it's specs running my system in sli and burning anywhere between 350 up to 470 watts at the height of gaming. It's efficiency rating is correct too. My meter shows it consistently with a PF rating of .98 to .99 (very good). It can handle the load, I've had mine for 6 months, no problems.

Fortron 500W Blue Storm , would give you a bit of headroom you need for gfx, a great psu & good value.

i may get the 400watt Enermax Liberty the outher ones are just to much. i dont have much money for a new psu.

That should work, check the amps on the rail(s). If you go SLI it will probably not be sufficient. Most systems will not hit 400 watts unless you have dual core or SLI running at load.

Back