• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Artic Cooling Silencer V4 Coming Soon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They were *supposed* to hit any day now as they were saying six weeks at the beginning of June. I don't understand the delay. They've already shown the coolers. Maybe they're having problems?

i can wait 6 weeks for performance lol. well these things gonna cost a lot compared to the rev3. they are copper and cool the ram.. the rev3 was aluminum and didnt. so expect around 25-30 bux or maybe more. the rev 3 will go down to about 10 dollars by my predictions. anyone else have price ideas?

daniel_dynasty said:
i can wait 6 weeks for performance lol. well these things gonna cost a lot compared to the rev3. they are copper and cool the ram.. the rev3 was aluminum and didnt. so expect around 25-30 bux or maybe more. the rev 3 will go down to about 10 dollars by my predictions. anyone else have price ideas?

i'd guess $30 max, well thats the most i would pay for it, the ati's will probably cost more as well, its bigger and has the heatspeader for the back of the card......i miss my x800pro :-/

another thing, i wonder why the NV one is so much smaller than the ati version when NV card(6800) needs the cooling alot more than the ati(x800pro), the 6800 is about 10C hotter at load than the x800pro with stock cooling on both

and another thing, when i put the rev.3 on the x800pro load temps dropped to 60C from ~74C.... the review doesn't show that much of a drop... maybe its the addition of memory cooling adding more heat.... i put ram sinks on the x800pro with 0 increase in memory OC, ddr3 is supposed to run cooler than ddr2 so maybe thats why increased cooling doesn't help OC, but i guess cooling it will at least prolong memory life....but is it worth it to increase the core heat? maybe it would've been a better idea to not have the core and memory cooling as one unit, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
im glad i don't care how crap looks, cuz its inside a case :D. I will be happy as long as its cool and quiet. I am dissapointed that it takes up a PCI slot; however, i will buy it anyway.

bobmanfoo said:
i'd guess $30 max, well thats the most i would pay for it, the ati's will probably cost more as well, its bigger and has the heatspeader for the back of the card......i miss my x800pro :-/

LOL - you did sip it right ;) dont worry - she , or was it a he? is in good hands - i will send you pictures :D

bobmanfoo said:
another thing, i wonder why the NV one is so much smaller than the ati version when NV card(6800) needs the cooling alot more than the ati(x800pro), the 6800 is about 10C hotter at load than the x800pro with stock cooling on both

I was wondering the same thing - ATI always has had smaller stock heat sinks.. even on this line up or cards..

Mr.Guvernment said:
LOL - you did sip it right ;) dont worry - she , or was it a he? is in good hands - i will send you pictures :D

I was wondering the same thing - ATI always has had smaller stock heat sinks.. even on this line up or cards..

well you can call it a she, but she was one strong masculine *****, lol
actually the x800pro hs makes the 6800gt hs look gay, don't be fooled by how it looks like on the outside, but the gore is being cooled by a dinky alum hs about the size of a NB hs, this thing is at its cooling capacity, it loads at 85C regardless of anything i try. i put as5, got lower idle but load was 85C, i took off the cover of the HS and blasted 2 80mm fans on full at it, idled alot lower still loaded at 85C

I just installed a Rev 3 on my 9600 Pro AIW- helped me overclock from stock 398 core / 324 mem to 494.3 core / 375 mem. I also installed BGA memory ramsininks on the other side of the card- they won't fit under the Rev 3 so I installed some flatter ramsinks that I had left over from a Iceberq chipset kit- they fit perfectly under the cooler.

Ran UT2003 for 3 hours with max bots (as a spectator) to load it up, no probs.

The Rev 4 looks great, will be on my next card.

veryhumid wow 4 diff for ati and 4 more for nvidia eh. hmm wonder how they perform against each other. looks like the big ati one is for the 9800 pro and under. the smaller ones for x800. thats what im thinking..

bobmanfoo said:
well you can call it a she, but she was one strong masculine *****, lol
actually the x800pro hs makes the 6800gt hs look gay, don't be fooled by how it looks like on the outside, but the gore is being cooled by a dinky alum hs about the size of a NB hs, this thing is at its cooling capacity, it loads at 85C regardless of anything i try. i put as5, got lower idle but load was 85C, i took off the cover of the HS and blasted 2 80mm fans on full at it, idled alot lower still loaded at 85C

crappy - wel if i end up with a 6800 in the mail i will ****.... lol ;)

got any pics of the 6800 with your mods?

daniel_dynasty said:
veryhumid wow 4 diff for ati and 4 more for nvidia eh. hmm wonder how they perform against each other. looks like the big ati one is for the 9800 pro and under. the smaller ones for x800. thats what im thinking..

nope actually the series 4 is for x800, series 3 is for 9800, etc...

Back