• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Asus Maximus v gene just beeps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrtiger

Have updated my pc with a new HP (Asus Maximus Gene), new 120gb ssd disk, new ram and an intel i73770K.
Also have water cooling on the machine, an aquastream XT pump.
When I try to start up the machine it begins to beep short beeps and dont stop beeping. Tried to refer to the manual of beeps (BEEP), but there was no Beeps matched the ones I have .... it sounds rather like an alarm. Beep beep beep beep forever:)
I did boot into the bios to turn off the cpu fan, but this did not help either. The cpu temp is 30 degrees, so it cant not be alarm for high cpu temp.
Tried to connect the CPU fan to the motherboard also to see if that help, but it didnt(Did turn on the the CPU_FAN again)

I can boot into bios, I can continue to make it boot from the dvd so I can start installing win7, but I stop there, since I dont know what this beeping is.

On q-code panel brings up AE meaning "Legacy Boot event"

Hope someone can help me, am out of ideas:(

Try to upgrade BIOS to latest version. Also check for more options in BIOS. Depends from version, you can turn off some error warnings but I'm not sure if it's related to beeping.
Check hardware monitoring if voltages and all temps are ok. There shouldn't be any hardware error if BIOS is passing you with AE code only.
I didn't even use speaker on this board so I'm not even sure if mine is beeping or not. I have it for nearly a year and I didn't even check if audio, additional sata and some other things are working. I just turned off everything that I don't need and started benching :p

Back