• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BOINCer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aphex2k

Hello everyone. Name's Mark.

Using my Toshiba A500 to fold, hope to have some input to the stats. Using quad cores and GPU at present.

GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz [Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2]
(4 processors)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (986MB) driver: 25896

Think I've set it all up correctly. Seems to be working. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or can tweak some setting somewhere.

First off :welcome: to the team. We're glad to have you aboard.

Second, are you running the stock app from Berkley's site? If so, you should read through the optimization sticky here.

Also, SETI runs CPUs and GPUs very close to 100% usage. You should really get some software to monitor the temps of your processor and graphics core. There is a good chance it could overheat that laptop.

P.S. Just a nitpick really, but the Folding @home people "fold". SETI people "crunch". That's just the way it works around here. :)

Last edited:
Using coretemp and restricting the cores to 75% useage I'm getting temps up to 60c. Will tweak it a bit more as I don't really want to be doing this on a laptop long term. just want to quietly tick along and "crunch" along steadily ;)

I'll have a look at the sticky and see what i can fiddle with.

Back