• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imthekeepe

So, I hear that AMD memory chipset had an issue with running 4 sticks of RAM at 1600. I am wondering if anyone can inform me if this is an issue with the AMD Phenom II x6 or is it a certain motherboard. I would like to use this build let me know what you think?

- AMD Phenom II x6 1090T OCed to 4.0GHZ
- MSI 890FXA-GD70 (or would you recommend ASUS or Gigabyte please comment)
- G.Skill PI 8GB PC3 12800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231353
- Coolmaster HAF 932 case
- Coolmaster Silent Pro 1000W modular PSU
- 2x MSI R5830 ATI Radeon 5850
- 2x WD Caviar Black 640GB HD in RAID 0
- Corsair H50 Water cooling

I am looking for a good Mobo to fit this build that will accept the RAID 0 well, the crossfire, and 8 GB of RAM at 1600 and 890FX chipset. I hear ASUS is having a NB heat issue. EVGA/MSI/Gigabyte all seem like good choices.

Thanks

So, I hear that AMD memory chipset had an issue with running 4 sticks of RAM at 1600. I am wondering if anyone can inform me if this is an issue with the AMD Phenom II x6 or is it a certain motherboard. I would like to use this build let me know what you think?

- AMD Phenom II x6 1090T OCed to 4.0GHZ
- MSI 890FXA-GD70 (or would you recommend ASUS or Gigabyte please comment)
- G.Skill PI 8GB PC3 12800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231353
- Coolmaster HAF 932 case
- Coolmaster Silent Pro 1000W modular PSU
- 2x MSI R5830 ATI Radeon 5850
- 2x WD Caviar Black 640GB HD in RAID 0
- Corsair H50 Water cooling

I am looking for a good Mobo to fit this build that will accept the RAID 0 well, the crossfire, and 8 GB of RAM at 1600 and 890FX chipset. I hear ASUS is having a NB heat issue. EVGA/MSI/Gigabyte all seem like good choices.

Thanks

Hey i thought i might be able to chip, im rather new on the forums but i've asking lots and lots of questions on my build..

and i tought i'd mention what i considered on my rig,
all and all i've seen great reviews of the ta890fxe and
several ppl here have recommended it to me Biostar TA890FXE

if this didnt help then i do apologize, just thought.... well anyhoo....
too tired but good luck with your rig, hopefully i atleast helped a little :)

The best of the best is the ASUS Crosshair IV, which has some small issues with the mounting of the NB cooler - not a big issue if you have some AS5 sitting around and remount your sinks anyway, as many OC'ers do. There is also the ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 and I haven't heard of any issues with it.

If you'd prefer something else the Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 and GA-890FXA-UD5 are also excellent choices, though I'm not sure the UD7 is worth the premium price (over the UD5) for a normal OC'er ...

Back