• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build AGAIN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what am i looking for? the CPU hasn't moved, been removed, etc.

It's hard for me to tell, my eye sight isn't the best. But everything looks fine.

Last edited:
I've come to that conclusion also, lol. Guess i'll start ordering stuff. I have always used newegg, is that still the best place to source everything? What about Amazon? How do people get the "cherry picked" CPU's?

Update... PSU arrived and i hooked up everything. It no longer sits on the CPU LED, it cycles through CPU, MEM, then hangs on VGA LED with no beep. Still no POST. Entire system has sat for about two days with no PSU plugged in so i know the CMOS is cleared. I'm at a loss. Based on previous experience with the CPU LED i believe the PSU was dying and it took out either the MB and/or CPU with it. I've tried to boot with and without the GPU installed, and i get the same result. VGA LED with no beep.

Unless anyone has any suggestions, it seems like it's dead and i'll be upgrading...

Not unless you removed the battery or moved the jumper to clear position or unless the battery is shot. Motherboards can sit on a shelf for years and keep their CMOS settings.

Not unless you removed the battery or moved the jumper to clear position or unless the battery is shot. Motherboards can sit on a shelf for years and keep their CMOS settings.

i moved the jumper. It's dead. New CPU, MB and RAM are on order.

that blows. Should post your old dead rig on classifieds on the cheap. maybe the cpu, or some other part could be still good,v possibly get some money back for it?worth a shot anyways.

that blows. Should post your old dead rig on classifieds on the cheap. maybe the cpu, or some other part could be still good,v possibly get some money back for it?worth a shot anyways.

I'll try that. My new stuff started showing up today. New MB and paste should be here tomorrow, and i can put everything back together.
I know for a fact the DDR3 is still good but i'm not sure which of the MB and CPU are good, if either of them.

I do have a question, my CPU showed up today and has this sticker on the box stating the condition is "Good". I ordered from Newegg and it should be brand new. I just want to make sure it is. here is a pic:

IMG_0524.JPG

I do have a question, my CPU showed up today and has this sticker on the box stating the condition is "Good". I ordered from Newegg and it should be brand new. I just want to make sure it is. here is a pic:
I would give newegg a call. Does the Box have the Intel seal?

It did have the "Intel Factory Sealed" seal on it. So, i'll take that as it's good to go. We'll see if it doesn't boot up lol. I just got the MB today.

No seals were broken so we should be good. I'll still call Newegg just to be sure, but as of now everything is working again.

Bought the Asus Strix Z270E, i5-7600K, and DDR4 3000.

Right. Now it's just running XMP at 4.2Ghz, and the GTX1070 at factory overclocked speeds and it's noticeably faster than the haswell was.

Bought the Asus Strix Z270E, i5-7600K, and DDR4 3000.

Right. Now it's just running XMP at 4.2Ghz, and the GTX1070 at factory overclocked speeds and it's noticeably faster than the haswell was.

Glad to hear you like the performance of the i5 7600k.:) I would like to upgrade.:clap:

i don't think an upgrade from yours to Kaby lake is worth it, but i'm definitely pleased going from 8gb of ddr3 to 16gb ddr4 and from Haswell to Kaby.

The only thing i've noticed that i'm confused about, is that when i turn on the PC it will go directly into the bios instead of booting windows. I have the boot disk set as my SSD with windows on it. What setting is making it go into the bios automatically?

When you installed Windows did you have another storage drive connected?

i didn't install windows, i just upgraded the MB from my old setup. But yes, the storage drive was connected.

Back