• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Help with cooling Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shanti33k

Hi Guys, i am a newbie! I am building my first computer and wanted your advice on my current set up. Just wanted to see if i had enough cooling in the computer and if i had my fan setup correct.
I currently put the Corsair H75 as an exhaust, and i have the 2 fractal 140mm fans as intakes in the front of the case. Anything else i need? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Should i put the Corsair H75 in the front as an intake, and put the 140mm fractal fan as an exhaust? Or should i keep the corsair as an exhaust and the fractal as an intake?

Case: Fractal R5
PSU: EVGA 750W G2
CPU: i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 6
Video card: MSI GTX 960 4g
Cooler: Corsair H75.

IMG_3770.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3772.JPG

Last edited:
Aren't you missing some fans? The H75 should have a push-pull configuration (2 fans) and the case came with 3 fans. I don't think having the one fan on pull only is going to be enough cooling. Typically if you only run one fan it should be push. Also, you definitely want on't want to use fans that came with the H75 on the radiator as they are of a different design than the standard case fan. They are designed to produce a higher static pressure to push air through the radiator, something a the standard case fans the system came with probably can't do or at least won't do as well.

If this was my system I would take the fractal case fan off of the rear and mount the H75 with it's two fans in push/pull at the rear. Use the fractal fan at the top of the case as an exhaust

Back