• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build. Help with FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikm1019

Hey guys thanks for the add.

Let me know if this is posted in the wrong place.

So I’ve built my first gaming pc. With the following;

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
H150i AIO cooler
Msi 2080 ti
Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb
ASUS STRIX X570 E Gaming
2x Samsung 970 evo 1TB m.2 nvme
EVGA 750 g5 PSU

Overall should be a pretty strong build but I’m seeing some weird FPS in Warzone as that’s mostly what I’m playing right now.

I have my Nvidia settings set to performer in the control panel and the graphics in Warzone mostly high as of now and I’m getting a 115 avg FPS.

When I lower the setting the game look like complete crap and I only get about 15 more avg fps.

I’m also playing on an omen x 27 which is 1440 which I know will have lower FPS but I was expecting a bit better with this setup. Was I wrong? I’ve seen testing videos with same gpu and like a Ryzen 5 do better. I’m scratching my head here.

It looks like your memory should be at 3200mhz. So that will account for some of the performances issue. Especially since ryzen likes fast memory.

It looks like your memory should be at 3200mhz. So that will account for some of the performances issue. Especially since ryzen likes fast memory.

Okay I’ll try to speed it up in bios real quick.

I appreciate it!

Now getting about 150 FPS on 1080p with mostly low settings. I fell like this is still kind of low for my system.

On low setting the cpu is doing most of the work on 1080p.

You should be able to turn details up and keep close to the same FPS.

Your gpu is overkill for 1080p turn your settings back up to 1440p.

150 fps is pretty good in Warzone. I run about 85 fps with my 970 and middle of the road settings to give you an idea.

Personally I would manually set the graphics settings. When I let nvidia set it my FPS dropped to under 50 and the game looked terrible. It takes time but I think will yield you better performance and better looks. I don't see why that card shouldn't be able to handle pretty high settings with ease so something is off for sure. Check in your graphics settings to make sure your max FPS on all three sliders is set to 240.

Also I agree that you need to be running at 1440 with that monitor and card.

Why are we rocking a 2080Ti at 1080p is my first question....If you have a 2560x1440 monitor, you need to be running it at the native resolution. The lower the resolution, the more the CPU gets involved. And while that CPU is a beast, at 1080p with lower clock speeds, it can leave some performance on the table/not let that beast of a GPU stretch its legs.

There is no way in heck I let Nvidia set anything. The only thing I change in the NVCP is the texture setting to HIGH QUALITY. Otherwise, I use the game settings to change IQ.

Only reason I was running at 1080 cause I felt like I should be getting a lot more FPS and wanted to see what it would give at that resolution. I agree I should be running 1440 and prob should be getting around 150 with decent settings.

I’ll mess around in the nvcp to see if I can get it at a sweet spot. I appreciate the help!

Only reason I say I’ll do something in there is because I’m getting 150 FPS on somewhat low game setting on 1080p. I’ll see what it is at 1440

Only reason I say I’ll do something in there is because I’m getting 150 FPS on somewhat low game setting on 1080p. I’ll see what it is at 1440
I don't see a reason to be in there for your issues at this point in time. Leave it all at default and adjust in-game. :)

Why are we rocking a 2080Ti at 1080p is my first question....If you have a 2560x1440 monitor, you need to be running it at the native resolution. The lower the resolution, the more the CPU gets involved. And while that CPU is a beast, at 1080p with lower clock speeds, it can leave some performance on the table/not let that beast of a GPU stretch its legs.

There is no way in heck I let Nvidia set anything. The only thing I change in the NVCP is the texture setting to HIGH QUALITY. Otherwise, I use the game settings to change IQ.

What FPS should I be seeing (estimated) at 1440?

Stock in game will vary usually by hardware. Most modern titles will detect and adjust to suit. I dont play warzone so I don't know if it does.

Since you have all the of hardware why not test yourself and then we can try to help from there...

Thanks for the review.

Getting just shy of 120fps on stock game settings and I put texture quality to high in nvcp.

I guess I just need to play with the settings and see what I’m happy with in regards to how good/bad I want the game to look and how many FPS I want.

I appreciate the feedback fellas. I’m a bit new to messing with gaming settings so y’all helped out a lot.

Last edited:
Back