• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build, Opinions Appreciated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taschuk

New Build, Opinions Appreciated

Hi everyone, just registered today. heard great things about this place!

My budget for just the rig is $1200-$1500 (keeping price/performance in mind)
I am from Canada, picking and choosing parts from mostly memoryexpress (local) newegg/ncix(online)
Goals are to overclock the 3570k to 4.4ghz or more (on air or water)
To game on a 27" (bf3/sc2/d3/wow/cod)
Wanting to be SLI ready for the future
I just want a white case to match my friends :) with enough cooling to get a decent overclock

edit: *wanting to stream at a relatively high resolution without a big disruption in gameplay*

here it is:

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500R Case, White ($96.25)
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X PC3-12800 (2 x 4GB) ($34.99)
CPU: 3570k ($230)
Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler ($27.54)
or Corsair Hydro H100 Liquid Cooling ($91.25)
HD: Seagate 3TB Barracuda 7200rpm SATA III w/ 64MB Cache ($124.99)
SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 PCI-E 240GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 ($250)
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming 80Plus Bronze Power Supply ($80)
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA 1155 ($130)

Haven't decided on a video card, but I was thinking a GTX 670

Tristan

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Back