• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build, problem with stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xiauko

Hi
I have problem with my new build. This is my specs:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme (testes all bioses, now I have 2105, bios set on default)
4x2GB RAM Dominator GT CMT49X3M2A1866C9 (they working on 1333MHz)
SSD Corsair Force GT SATA 3
Gainward Phantom GTX570
PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro 700
CPU i7 2600k (water cooled, low temp)
Windows 7 SP1 + all fixes

I have problem with my new build. DWM (Desktop Windows Manager Aero) is unstable . I have lots of errors in my Event Viewer (The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x88980406)). Screen flickering and change my Aero theme on Aero basic.
When I open new tab in Chrome i have error "Aw, Snap" on all pages (including chrome options or chrome extensions)
When I write this I see how fonts on this web page changing (like somebody turn off antialiasing and turn on after 1s). And lot lot more graphic issues and problems with java script under all web browsers (script is busy and he dont respond)
I dont have any bsod. Ram was testes using memtest under dos. Processor tested on linx long time.

Sometimes on status bar i have black squares and firefox tabs changing color on gray

I put new parts to my computer
PSU Corsair HX1050
RAM Corsair XMS 3 CMX2GX3M1A1333C9
GPU XFX Raden 5670
HDD (I'm swap ssd on hdd)
Asrock Extreme 7 Gen 3 (system tested on intel gpu)

and that same problems. I don't change only CPU.

Please help me.
(i'm sorry for my english)

This can be CPU? I'm test him using software from intel site and he pass.

Hard to say. Did you use all those spare parts at one time or one at a time?

You pretty much have an entire pc there so if you used them all and the one cpu and had the exact same symptoms it would have to be the cpu.

What you describe sounds like a video card issue mostly except for the Java errors so it could be processor.

yes, I'm use them in that same time together. For me looks like gpu too, only i check 3 cards and all have that same problems

Next issue is i'm write web address in one tab and page is showing in next tab (firefox)

Last edited:
Hi
I have problem with my new build. This is my specs:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme (testes all bioses, now I have 2105, bios set on default)
4x2GB RAM Dominator GT CMT49X3M2A1866C9 (they working on 1333MHz)
SSD Corsair Force GT SATA 3
Gainward Phantom GTX570
PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro 700
CPU i7 2600k (water cooled, low temp)
Windows 7 SP1 + all fixes

I have problem with my new build. DWM (Desktop Windows Manager Aero) is unstable . I have lots of errors in my Event Viewer (The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x88980406)). Screen flickering and change my Aero theme on Aero basic.
When I open new tab in Chrome i have error "Aw, Snap" on all pages (including chrome options or chrome extensions)
When I write this I see how fonts on this web page changing (like somebody turn off antialiasing and turn on after 1s). And lot lot more graphic issues and problems with java script under all web browsers (script is busy and he dont respond)
I dont have any bsod. Ram was testes using memtest under dos. Processor tested on linx long time.

Sometimes on status bar i have black squares and firefox tabs changing color on gray

I put new parts to my computer
PSU Corsair HX1050
RAM Corsair XMS 3 CMX2GX3M1A1333C9
GPU XFX Raden 5670
HDD (I'm swap ssd on hdd)
Asrock Extreme 7 Gen 3 (system tested on intel gpu)

and that same problems. I don't change only CPU.

Please help me.
(i'm sorry for my english)

^
Same problems I'm sure if you didn't reinstall windows. Did you? I'm sure there was nothing wrong with your original parts the RAM just defaulted to 1333 you could have set it to it's sticker speed of 1866.

Sounds like you're having software problems.

Yes, for me this too looks like software only I'm reinstall windows every time when I install new drivers (I checked lates drivers from nvidia, beta and 275.33 and this from cd included with graphic card, latest drivers from intel, drivers from cd included with mobo and drivers from 2010) I'm checked all combination drivers and nothing. Its realy strange for me I dont have any BSOD only apps are unstable.

I'm tested now my pc using prime95 and he show me errors, this is log:

[Tue Jan 03 07:16:01 2012]
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUT
Possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.
Possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.
Maximum number of warnings exceeded.

what it means? broken cpu? if that i will order new today

Last edited:
I have yet to actually see a dead processor out of the box. It's strange that you're able to POST, run programs etc. and not have BSoD. Just for the sake of eliminating more causes of the problem. Try running your PC with just 1 or 2 of those RAM sticks, and see if you still get the instability issue.

Also, for what it's worth, I've had 2-3 SSD's die on me and they displayed similar symptoms to what you're describing (just that I occasionally got BSoD too). Do you have a spare HDD to test with?

OK, it was processor or ram because I change both. On the week I will check processor with new ram.

I'm changed my processor on i5 2500k and ram on G Skill Ripjaws and now my system is stable. I will check later what it was exactly.

Back