• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build takes 2+ minutes to boot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrentIannoli

Registered
Okay, so im not a complete moron when it comes to computers ( though this thread will probably challenge that theory...) and I cannot come up with a feasible reason as to why this new build takes over 2 minutes to boot to desktop. I was hoping to have some ideas thrown at me since ive been thinking about this for quite some time and I am baffled.

It was a budget build for a customer. It has:

MSI 760GM-P23 Micro ATX Board
8GB ram (2x4GB) ADATA XPG DDR3 1600, but running at 1333 bc thats what the mobo supports. the ram was a good deal.
FX-6300 Black Edition 3.5Ghz
Radeon HD6350 1GB DDR3
Corsair 430Watt PSU
WD Blue 1TB HDD

It is running win 7 professional 64.
I just did another build for a different customer with the same processor, but different mobo and it boots to desktop in about 35 seconds so I am wondering if it really could be this piece of crap mobo. Other than that I am not sure what it could be but I didnt think the pos mobo would have THAT big of an impact. The computer is speedy once it boots. It hangs at the "Starting Windows" screen for about a minute. It also takes a LONG time to resume from hibernate, which to me indicates a read/write delay.

Im kind of just looking to spitball ideas here. Any help is appreciated.

Most of the time I have run into that issue, I start with a driver problem. Start uninstalling drivers one by one until the problem goes away. Audio and GPU drivers can be a common culprit here.

Back