• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build, Windows Lagging/Trailing/Skipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rdizz

Registered
Hey guys long time stalker first time poster =p Well let's jump into my situation Brand new build specs below

i7 4790k
Asus Z97-Pro
16GB G.Skill Tridents
EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold
EVGA 780ti Dual Classified
WD 1tb Black
Corsair H110 Cooler
Windows 7 home 64

So, brand new build everything is working fine except when in windows, everything seems to run slow. When I click on a window and move it, it will have skips & sometimes trails especially if I move one window over another. Programs seem to take extra amount of time to open as well. and when I close a program in a window a border is left on the screen. I can erase the border by moving one window over the old remnants of the closed window?

Mean while on my old Z77 and i5 3570k everything works perfect... and for that matter a lot faster. Is this a windows problem with the current hardware?

the i5 literally ate up everything this i7 is struggling to open a browser... But the CPU usage is very low. Has anyone run into any of these issues?

I mean its hard to explain, but everything just feels sluggish. Struggles to even open the AI suite that came with the Mobo.

Have you tried uninstalling AI Suite?

Are all the proper drivers installed and up to date?

Have you tried uninstalling AI Suite?

Are all the proper drivers installed and up to date?

All of the drivers should be up to date, will check ASUS website tonight when i get home, Is there a known problem with AIsuite and this situation?

One thing i think i may try is a Fresh install of windows, and not installing AIsuite. will report back later. But was hoping for a better solution :(

This is really good to know, Used AI suite on my Z77 Asus and had no issues. But then again i only OC from bios. This time i did try that software. figured why not. Fingers crossed. would suck to start RMA'in $2k worth of ****

All of the drivers should be up to date, will check ASUS website tonight when i get home, Is there a known problem with AIsuite and this situation?

One thing i think i may try is a Fresh install of windows, and not installing AIsuite. will report back later. But was hoping for a better solution :(

Let me get this straight: You didn't do a fresh install of windows when you swapped over to your new setup? This will cause issues/lag right off the bat.

My suggestion along with everyone else's: Format and do a fresh clean OS install along with the latest drivers for that board.

DO NOT INSTALL AISuite!

Report back after the fresh install and let us know how it goes :)

Let me get this straight: You didn't do a fresh install of windows when you swapped over to your new setup? This will cause issues/lag right off the bat.

My suggestion along with everyone else's: Format and do a fresh clean OS install along with the latest drivers for that board.

DO NOT INSTALL AISuite!

Report back after the fresh install and let us know how it goes :)

No sorry you misunderstood. A. i would never do that lol

My previous build was an Asus Z77 with aisuite it never gave me any problems.

This is a fresh new computer with all new components even case and HD with a fresh new copy of windows. I have been reading that when people are uninstalling AI suite problems still exist so i figure start from scratch again since it has only been live for about 10 hours now. make sense? This way i can be sure AIsuite is def not causing the issue at all. (only reason for another fresh install of windows)

Ahhh, gotcha, my bad! Yeah there has been issues with the Z97 chipset and AISuite. Maybe formatting and reinstall of the OS without AISuite will fix the issue?

Ahhh, gotcha, my bad! Yeah there has been issues with the Z97 chipset and AISuite. Maybe formatting and reinstall of the OS without AISuite will fix the issue?

Cool, thanks fingers crossed. I will report back to you guys let you know the outcome later this evening. Hopefully if this is the issue they will release a patch soon. as it is a fairly nice program actually.

Can you post screenshots of the CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs of CPUz?

Have you tried a different version?

Any other software installed since the format?

Happened right away after format. My last hope is to flash bios.

If not i guess i will return it all tbh.

It does eat games alive though, these problems only exist in windows. odd as hell.

There's a lot of "improve stability" updates to the BIOS for your board, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Back