• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build, Windows Lagging/Trailing/Skipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeap you can flash from the desktop these days.

Also download ccleaner and purge all the residual junk from the registry.
Defrag after.

Also I leave the os idle overnight so it can pick up on idle tasks and organise itself.

Bios update would be a good plan before you next reinstall.

(I had one build do this same scenario to me a few years back but I cant recall the exacts... I do know I didnt have to do anything other than seat drivers and updates properly...)

Its a bug hunt and not a stand up fight :D

Ok so far so good, thank you for all your help ATM.

Only time will tell now. time to start DL programs =/ and OC it to ruin it more lol:facepalm:

Awesome news!

Do things one at a time, then you'll know what causes it if it comes back :thup:

Defrag after.

Also I leave the os idle overnight so it can pick up on idle tasks and organise itself.

(I had one build do this same scenario to me a few years back but I cant recall the exacts... I do know I didnt have to do anything other than seat drivers and updates properly...)

Any cleaners you recommend?

Defrag after.

Why does he need to do that? It's a clean install bobby....

Well my opinion and and folk ive known since the days of single core 300mhz processor's differ.

Ive always done so for a leaner registry...

Lets say its an option and I'm a believer :)

So another odd issue that i failed to mention.

When i reinstalled windows i had to install from windows and manually delete the old windows file. Which would suggest a defrag and Cleaner may be in order. Why would i do this you ask? for some reason when i tried to boot from CD i either didnt have the option to install new copy and when i did the mouse and keyboard would not respond. so i couldnt go past the ol name your computer bit.

any ideas on this? Mouse keyboard work in bios and windows of course just not upon new install, makes no sense. I tried all usb ports.

Is legacy support enabled in bios and use a usb2 port.
Seems a few folk have had this problem
Also try unplugging and replugging when it goes snafu... Vague chance it may try to identify the device again and pull up a basic controller driver.

Is legacy support enabled in bios and use a usb2 port.
Seems a few folk have had this problem

Ya after bios flash, think i want to try installing windows one more time. make sure everything is nice and clean and run a defrag.

I can tell you this has been one of the weirdest builds i have ever been through and i have been building systems since 1996.

Just so many weird things i have encountered now my chip is running at 4.6ghz... And it is not overclocked as of yet. Makes no sense to me. Allthough it is stable and the temps are cool i shouldn't complain lol..

Sometimes you get hardware that acts the arse...
Just an unlucky combo.
Once you get the chipset drivers installed it should stop messing around

Well thanks again for all your help guys. I think when i get him tonight going to try to push it to 4.7 and OC the ram a bit =/. I'll post when i break it.

using G.Skill tridents PC3-19200 its only currently running at 1333mhz so i feel like i paid for more =p

The flash drive needs to be formatted in FAT32

Thanks man all done everything went smooth. Appears to be working as intended. (a beast =p)

And i have to say this site is wonderful! the response time and helpfulness of the members is off the charts! thanks again!

Back