• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Builder..Almost There Please Help =) Thanks in advance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soprano1919

Hey guys whats up?, Im stuck here on my first build, I havent updated the bios yet and installing a 1090t cpu in a MSI 890FXA-GD70 mobo. (specs below) I put all my components together and turned on my new pc and it turned on but didnt display and video and I couldnt go into bios or install os.

I did some googling and figured out that I didnt connect my 8pin power from my 650w psu to my mobo. So I connected the 8 pin (4+4 pin) and tried again...it turned on everything was working for one second then it turns off and I cant get into bios or see and video from my 5740. PLEASE HELP ME, I would appreciate it so much you have no idea.

Note: I have my dvd drive & 3g sata hdd in my 6g sata slots on my mobo if it matters.

CHEERS!:bday:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Mobo
SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7

Last edited:
Often I have seen this happen when a motherboard offset stud is misplaced and grounding out against the electrical traces on the backside of the board. My first piece of advice is to remove the board and check for that. If that is not the problem my second piece of advice would be to remove/disconnect all the unnecessary pieces from the build: Remove all but one of the ram sticks, take the video card out and use the onboard video, remove any other PCI cards, disconnect all drives but the main one, etc. Leave only bare essentials. Then see if it will boot. Sometimes a new system doesn't like to start the first time with more than one ram stick installed. If that doesn't work, unplug the PSU from the 120v AC input and reset the cmos/bios with the jumper. Make sure you replace the jumper to the original position before powering up again.

Last edited:
Back