• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Builder Radiator Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unst4blec0d3r

Registered
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and am working on my first build. At first I was looking at the Koolance PC4-1026BK 1kW case with the integrated water cooling. The main reason I liked this case is that the radiator was already installed into the case.

The more reading I do, the more it seems that I will not the get performance I would expect out of Koolance system, especially for how much it costs.

Thus I'm left with the the problem. If I were to buy a better cooling system, perhaps the Swiftech H20-220 APEX ULTRA Kit? I'm left with finding a case that will offfer me a simple yet effective solution for the radiator.

Thoughts or suggestions?

That swiftech kit comes with dual 120mm fan radiator. You could have place that radiator in front, in 5.25 space, in Cooler Master Stacker or Thermaltake Armor without any problems and still have space for some 5.25" devices. In these two cases you could install radiator without any modification. Svc.com has cheap coolermaster stacer case.

Also you could try installing radiator outside of some case and routing tubing somehow. But that might require modification to the case and drilling couple holes.

RIG RIDER said:

I've seem of your threads about that stacker. I'm not a fan of the blue as my overall lighting theme is more of a green/black. You painted your stacker if I'm correct, does the entire case paint well, including the "blue" areas? If I could paint the whole thing and glossy solid black, that would be great.

Back