• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New comp, looking for help in finding it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
My friend is tired of this old pos alienware laptop from 5 yrs ago. He wanteda new comp for the office to do graphic design on a desktop that can do the rendering and whatnot. Hopefully with 20-21 inch flat panel screen. Trying to keep it around 1500 and then a cool slickdeal for a coupon or something after for like 30-50% off would rock, even after the discount if it came to 1500 that would be ok to, but i was thinking he needed at least 2 gigs of ram and a duo core highend around 2-3ghz other than most come standard with a sata hd nothing else really matters, sound and wireless dont mean anything, if you can please helpin the search, it doesnt matter if it is bought in the business section or the personal of dell or even ich mac.. thanks in advance.

i would but because its for a club business they want the warrenty plan and all that crap, itsjust easier for them to get a dell or soemthing, with the flat panel for cheaper than i can get for them, my custom builds always go over what they want to spend anyways and i cant offer the same warrenty.

if you dont want to go thru those hassle of warranty from custom build then Dell probably your best choice.

Dimension 9200 (before discount)
Intel Core 2 duo E6600 + 2gb ram + 320GB + 20in widescreen LCD + x1300 video card (nvidia 7900 GS +150)
=~ $1300

Back