• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer, micro-stutter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 7000, specs -

Intel i5 7300HQ
8gb Ram
256gb Toshiba SSD
500gb Samsung Evo SSD
Geforce GTX 1050ti 4gb
Windows 10

What I am experiencing is very strange and I can only describe it as a micro-stutter, (Almost like a milli-second pause in processing and the mouse will jump). Where I seem to notice it the most is when I open or install a program that generates the "pop up" box asking you if you want to continue or make changes to the computer. A micro-stutter occurs when the box opens and again when I click "continue". I have also noticed it a few times when opening the start menu and when using file explorer.

There seems to be no issues when playing games.

What I have done -
Reinstalled windows (I do this anyway on a new PC to get rid of bloatware)
Removed programs that I don't need that came with computer
Disabled Cortana options (can't seem to disable her completely)
Ran HWmonitor, CPU core temps look fine (40-50C) avg.
Used task manager, Processes around 5-10%, memory usage at 36%

I know it seems like a small issue but it drives me crazy. I probably have noticed it more because of the list of programs I have been installing. Any suggestions?

You have to plugged into power right? Power options you set to performance when plugged in?
UAC turned off?
Disable OneDrive?
Was it doing it before you reinstalled Windows?
Windows updates all finished?

So it sounds like this micro stutter was present from the factory before you reinstalled Windows to remove the bloatware. Correct?

Back