• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Who can find something better than this?

- Needs to be (relatively) quiet
- Under 160mm total height
- AM3 mounts
- Dual 120mm fans are preferred.

Cost will come into the decision, especially since the Phanteks PH-TC12DX is only $50 and I can get it shipped Prime on Amazon.

The Noctua NH-D14-D14 is 160mm high and would obviously give the best performance. Although it is rather a lot more expensive.

The SilverStone Heligon HE01 gives slightly better performance according to this review but again is a lot more expensive and is 161mm tall.

Other than those and water coolers, it doesn't seem to be beaten by much that is less than 160mm tall. You also won't get the option of different colours with most other coolers. I'm actually rather tempted by one of these now. I'd previously been thinking of a NH-D14 but this performs nearly as well, looks better, and is considerably cheaper.

Yeah, I can't justify 25-50 dollars more for 1-2C better temps.

The other one I'm considering is this because I've loved my Loki cooler and you could add another fan later.

>.<

Both of those coolers mount the "wrong" direction for AMD. GAHHHHHHH

The cooler will run air north/south instead of east/west...

I run a PH-TC14PE and it's doing a really good job. It's similar to the D14 from noctua.

Boulard, I would love to run that, but its too tall.

Anyone, could I use this kit with the Phanteks heatsink?

Edit: Or one of these?

Last edited:
Sry missed the max height !

Lost of downdraft cooler will fit this height. ++ Downdraft will provide airflow to the memory and VRM's. You have a grill in the side panel ?

Another site suggested Phantek's side cooler, but its wayyyy too low for my RAM.

So, the NH-D14 fits in my case. Holy crap.

Didn't believe it until I saw it on Youtube. Dude got the side panel on, with the side fan too!

I'm sold.

I was looking at that too, but it didn't have AMD brackets :p

Did you do an offer or BIN? If offer, how much?

I just BINed, wasn't going to complain for $20 under retail. As long as it survives shipping, it's not like coolers ever really break.

Back