• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Drivers , Old Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uther

Registered
well i've said in previous posts that my mobo does not fully recognize my HDD in the case that i do NOT wish to connect the HDD on the Promise100 controller and want to use the VIA chipset (VTC686A) since my HDD is UDMA66 windows me does not recognizes it as Quantum Fireball Plus KA which should be recognized. so i checked www.viahardware.com for updates i downloaded VIA's 4in1 4.33v drivers and it appears to be unstable during installation my system crashes...(never seen my system crash before) so ...the question is ...what can i do about it ? on my previous post i posted my hardware specs....if you can help me i'd be greatful....

thanks

Can you supply details, plz; i am really interested. Have 4.32 running on my box, and heard good things about 4.33b.

Solution found !!!!! AT LAST

After 2 days of search i finaly managed to keep my computer in one piece and working....the latest VIA drivers have been quite unstable even in their final version....when the setup was about to finish...the screen froze and vertical lines are appearing all over and the system crashes...the solution i have able to find is to install 4.32v drivers and seperately the Bus Master IDE drivers 3.012 wich can be found atwww.viahardware.com

:D :D :D+ :D

Back