• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New EKWB PWM pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

http://www.ekwb.com/news/483/19/EK-launches-PWM-variant-of-EK-DCP-4-0-water-pump/

The only "new" part being that it's PWM, it's based off their DCP 4.0. Looks nice and compact though. Probably not the best in terms of flow, but likely to be entirely adequate for compact builds like mITX in a small case where space is really at a premium. Hopefully it's nice and quiet, too.

Anybody know much about the pump this is based on? I couldn't find any reviews on the DCP 4.0.

Last edited:
From my understanding, those pumps are weak. I wouldn't go more than a CPU loop on those. Not sure on their longevity but I remember reading many times about them how they are much less in the head pressure and flow department compared to a DDC/D5. It's still nice to see things moving along the PWM department. Could use some more controllers out there in that format would be great.

I still maintain that it might be ok in a watercooled LAN box type of build. Maybe.

Back