• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel x58's may have Hydra chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is definitly interesting. If the hydra chip really can make multi-GPU setups scale linear then this is good news for all us crossfire/SLI setup owners that might be switching to i7 any time soon!

If this holds true, I can only imagine the price gouging that is going to occur.:screwy:

That said I still hope it's true :p

eras it wouldn't need to support it, the chip seperates the load proportionately without the need of crossfire, meaning EVERY game should scale 100% with multiple gpu's regardless.

isnt hydra what that yother company apparently made and created, or thought of sometime last year..., claiming multi-gpu will work together wth any cards? everyone said it was like BS and not going to happen.

did intel buy out that company i assume?

Now if only the games I choose to play would ever support SLI/XFire! Stupid Warhammer :(

Actually WAR does support Crossfire, you must be in full window mode just like every other game out there for it to work. It worked for me a while back so it should be working for you.

isnt hydra what that yother company apparently made and created, or thought of sometime last year..., claiming multi-gpu will work together wth any cards? everyone said it was like BS and not going to happen.

did intel buy out that company i assume?

Intel I know put a rather large amount of investment into the company but I don't think they bought them out. As well this is the same company that was mentioned last year of scaling 100% per card or even better since it suppositly could offload other tasks onto its chipset. As well with the multi-gpu brands working togeather its BS because the windows driver model won't allow 2 different sets of drivers working with each other.

Still surprised that AMD nor Nvidia didn't snap this company up. It would enable AMD or Nvidia to have the halo card without having to actually have the fastest chips, given the benefit of 100% scalability.

Still surprised that AMD nor Nvidia didn't snap this company up. It would enable AMD or Nvidia to have the halo card without having to actually have the fastest chips, given the benefit of 100% scalability.

True that it would, no screwing around with drivers but then again its a question of how much it costs to add or produce an addin card for it.

If this is true, it would suck to have been one of those early adopters of i7 that run multi-GPU setups :p

Why is that? We have the glory and benefit of owning an i7 now and pawning all, and all it will cost when this comes out is the cost of a motherboard ~$300...

The best now and the best in the future for $300

How you get that sucks is out of my grasp. MOD EDIT NO PERSONAL ATTACKS WII:)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

wel;ll $300 is alot for a mobo, and i make good cash, but $300 for a mobo, one reason why i myself didnt jump on i7 but either way, maybe this company choose NOT to sell out to nvidia or ati KNOWING what they had was worth a hella lot more with investors!

LOL

wel;ll $300 is alot for a mobo, and i make good cash, but $300 for a mobo, one reason why i myself didnt jump on i7 but either way, maybe this company choose NOT to sell out to nvidia or ati KNOWING what they had was worth a hella lot more with investors!

I agree but I don't flame people who buy them.

This company could be very successful indeed, especially if Nvidia and ATi allow it without blocking it with some drivers. They would probably lose money on their high end cards if they did, people wouldn't need a HD4870X2/GTX295 for crysis, as a HD4850 CF or 9800gtx+ sli would probably do as well as the HD4870X2 is now.

Back