• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TwoTone

Registered
Thanks for all the help so far.

I finally finished my new loop since the upgrade to a X470 Taichi/ R7 2700 and Vega.
Here is a picture of the loop. My temps seem to be high. CPU is jumping around between high 40's and 60 at idle.

When I was bleeding the system I actually left the pump/res unmounted to I could hold it upright while I moved the case onto its side to help the bleed. I'm not seeing any air bubbles at this point.

Where would you start as far as finding the culprit?

20190208_100341.jpg

When ever I get random large temp swings, the 1st thing I do is to reapply the thermal grease just to check that off of the list.

Nice build man,

if you sure all the air is out I agree, check the TIM

Card temps in line ?

When ever I get random large temp swings, the 1st thing I do is to reapply the thermal grease just to check that off of the list.

Welp you guys can put me down for the stupidest mistake during a build.

I work from a home office so I was working while doing the build and kept getting interrupted with calls. So I was back and forth back and forth.

Long story short I must have gotten a call after putting the thermal paste on the CPU, when I came back, saw the TP and threw the block on. Forgot to peel the protective sticker off.

Don't feel bad, wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Lesson learned is it always pays off to take your time and let yourself focus on a project like this, even if it means waiting a few days or even weeks. Also the blue stickers peel off of the EK logos.

Back