• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AllBus

Hey ppl nice to be here. Old rig took a crap and ordered a new one in my sig. It's all in the mail right now so I should be starting the build this week. Looking to see your input based on the hardware in my sig.

The Hyper 212 Evo may limit your overclock potential a bit but not much. You should be able to get 4.4 ghz out of it anyway if you are into overclocking.

The only other thing I would pick at would be that you ordered 1600 mhz RAM when the Vishera core CPUs are easily capable of running 1866 RAM.

Otherwise, looks like a lot of good choices.

Welcome to OCF. Like trents said the 212 will limit some but I was running 4.7 daily on my 6350 with the 212 I had. If you get a good chip should be able to do the same.

Thx for the reply. First build this is for me. I got the 212 on the free (h2o seemed a little Overkill) but regarding the RAM, should I return it and get what you recommend? I ordered from amazon. Am mostly using this machine for MS SQL and data warehousing experience.

If you can return the RAM, why not go with the faster stuff?

got the new ram from NE this morning (sig updated). will return the 1600's when they arrive. I am using this build because I am in grad school and my old PC (FREE) an Ultra 20 M2 took a dive while migrating to 64 bit to run my MS SLQ Server 2014.

Welcome to the forum. In future, try to steer clear of ThermalTake as their stuff is generally sub-par quality all around.

Also, if you are in the USA you could have gotten an R9 290, infinitely more powerful than a 760, for about $30 more.

I would have gone with the Gigabyte GA970AUD3P board and used the money saved for an 8320 CPU also.

Have fun on the forum!

Back