• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New motherboard, no keyboard/mouse support?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennoculus

Hey guys,

I'm running into a serious problem. I just installed one of the remaining AMD SLI motherboards, the ASUS M4N98TD EVO board.

I'm using the same OS, same RAM, same keyboard/mouse setup, same CPU, same everything. This weird thing is, I have access to my keyboard in my BIOS, I can change settings and move around no problem.

I can't get my keyboard/mouse to recognize. Here is what I've done thus far:
-reset the CMOS
-pull the CMOS battery out for about a minute and replace
-I have enable USB support in the BIOS
-Tried a system repair, though I didn't know which to use
-tried using a P/S2 keyboard and mouse

I'm thinking it needs drivers, but the major problem is I cannot access my desktop as I can't even login making it impossible for me to install the drivers.

Any ideas? Or is my USB dead? My rig set up is under the "main rig" part of my sig.
I'd love to call ASUS, but I can't seem to find a number. I think theyre one of the companies who use email instead of phone..

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Perhaps there is a conflict between two device drivers.

You said you tried using a PS2 keyboard and mouse, explain did they work or not work? What OS are we talking about here, Win7? Have you tried running the cd to repair install?

Back