• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mouse suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

someinterwebguy

I've gone through several Razer brand mice - they last just past the warranty. I went back to my trusty MS Intellimouse USB (bought in 1998!) after the last one broke, which still works good, although it's not as smooth as the newer mice I've used.

When I was setting up my mini-computer for my mom in Reno, I mentioned that she needed to purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse. She ended up purchasing a MS wireless keyboard/mouse combo and a Logitech M510, because she didn't realize that the MS box contained a mouse as well as a keyboard. She gave me the M510 since she knew I lost my latest mouse.

While it's a pretty good mouse, I've noticed that it skips from time to time, which is irritating to me.

As a result, I'm looking for a new mouse. I'd prefer a corded mouse, as it seems like there is no cordless mouse that doesn't suffer from drop out. If there is a cordless mouse that doesn't suffer this problem, then I'm open to it.

I'd appreciate input with regards to a good replacement mouse. I don't do a lot of gaming these days, but when I do, I'd prefer a mouse that performs well.

I'm a lefty, so I can't use mice that are contoured for right-handed users. Aside from that, and a desire to avoid Razer brand mice, I'm pretty open to suggestions.

Thanks again for any input - I appreciate how candid everyone is with regards to their preference in products. I guess that's one of the main reasons I ask here, rather than elsewhere. :)

I just got a razer death adder 3.5g and love it. But generally over the years i've stuck with logitech. MX518 was imo the greatest mouse ever made I bought it when it came out and it just recently died (my mother in law had it lol). Anyway it lasted years the D400 i think it is, is the successor to the mx518. I almost got one of them.

My advice go with one of those mice if it's anything like the mx518 was it will live forever. I had to replace the feet on that baby like 3 times lol.

My review of the steelseries sensei (mlg edition) should be getting posted in the next couple days. sneak preview: overclockers approved ;)

My review of the steelseries sensei (mlg edition) should be getting posted in the next couple days. sneak preview: overclockers approved ;)

Have you used the "regular" SteelSeries Sensei? If so, how would you compare it to the MLG edition? I'm looking at the former on Amazon, but am willing to wait for the later to be available on Amazon if it's significantly better.

I appreciate everyone's input.

I have not - and by the looks of it they have pretty much the same featureset.

I have not - and by the looks of it they have pretty much the same featureset.

Understood.

I decided to grab the MLG edition. It was about $15 more, but if lasts, then it's worth it to me. I trust your opinion - Overclockers approved gives me reassurance of a solid product :). Thanks!

I have a Logitech G500 that I love. Like you, I got tired of wireless mice dropping out and went back to wired. My favorite thing about the G500 are the weights, letting you add or subtract weight to your preference. I like a heavy mouse, so I keep it loaded down lol.

I have a Logitech G500 that I love. Like you, I got tired of wireless mice dropping out and went back to wired. My favorite thing about the G500 are the weights, letting you add or subtract weight to your preference. I like a heavy mouse, so I keep it loaded down lol.

I definitely prefer the heavier mice. My mother has a small wireless mouse for use with her laptop, and it is 1/3-1/2 the size of most mice I've used. Still better than a touchpad IMO lol.

I'll keep an eye out for the mice that you and other people have mentioned in case I don't like the mouse I've ordered.

So I received my MLG Edition Sensei today. I've only been using a couple of hours, but I'm impressed so far. I have pretty long fingers, so it's a perfect fit. Much smoother than using a wireless mouse, and no worries about the signal getting dropped.

I'm still playing with the settings at this point in time. I have my cpi settings at 2000 and 4000, instead of the default 1600 and 3200. I'm curious to see how some of the other settings work in games like BF3, but that will have to wait until I feel a bit better.

Having two buttons on either side of the mouse should come in handy for games like Skyrim.

Thanks again for the recommendations everyone.

Back