• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC coming soon! XD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

The Day fast approaches when I join the world of 1155 and say goodbye to my old p35 chipset on my 775 dual core.

On the first, I will be placing an order for a Intel I5 2500k, and a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P. Price is $380 exactly, no shipping fee(newegg ftw) and a pair of G.skill Ripjaws X 4 gb cl8's. The only thing remaining from my old pc is my GTX 260 and the case, a Raidmax Smilodon.

From what I heard from my friend who upgraded from a Core 2 quad q6600 to a I7 2600k, It was a visually noticeable difference. Granted, I'm not getting a 2600k, I only game on my pc, No real need for HT.

I'm Excited XD.

Also Dreading spending $380...But I'll be getting $80-100 back after selling my old mobo+ram+CPU+Heatsink. Or do you guys think I could get more? Corsair DDR2 800 CL5's, Intel Core 2 duo e6550 2.3 GHZ oc'd to 2.8. Asus Pk5-se/epu p35 chipset. What are your estimates on its value? That being said...anyone interested? :p I also have a IDE ASUS DVD burner x24 with Lightscribe. Never had a coaster. XD

Keeping stock Heatsink, as I won't be overclocking quite yet(No need yet.) essentially its my "futureproof".

I can't even imagine my old PC's speed: Single core AMD Athlon XP 1.9 GHZ oc'd 2.8 7 years ago...Its been a long trip XD. BTW that sucker ran HOT! 87c...I'd freak if my cpu ever got that hot now*never goes over 55c.*

I sooo can't wait XD.

Back