• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pc temp check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InSearch4I

Registered
Recently just built a new comp and just wanted to make sure all of these temps were good to go.

i2500k (stock clock) tx 3 HS = 32c (idle) 54 (load after hour of prime95)
Geforce gtx570 sc = 49c (idle) 80c (load)
mb and hard drives run about 32c.

Just making sure all these numbers look good. And is there anything i can do to make GPU run cooler? Added side fan to antec 300 illusion case and numbers above was my read out.

Plan on overclocking cpu but need to make sure stable as stock first

CPU has till 75c of overclocking room. Beyond 75c is really excessive and quite dangerous. As for the GPU, raise the fan speed of the card itself. Also you can replace the stock thermal paste for a better aftermarket one. That would definitely help. 80c is toasty but not exactly dangerous. Cooler the better. HDD and Motherboard are just fine.

the "i" series is safe up to 100c.. not that I'd suggest running any that hot but you don't need to worry at all about 54. 75c is a decent number for full load overclocked.. but it's really your call. There's no set in stone temperature you should be looking for. Personally I make sure it stays under 80 under full load.

And fermi's are simply hot cards. Like Terminator said you can try replacing the paste, though that may or may not help much. Aftermarket coolers are always an option if you decide it's worth it to you. But really, I've seen them run much hotter for long periods of time and be perfectly fine.

Back