• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[New Poll]What kind of cooling do you use poll (2011)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of cooling do you use poll (2011)

• Air cooling

Votes: 179 63.9%
  • Water cooling (Includes LCLC systems such as H50, H70, Antec Kuhler, etc)

Votes: 92 32.9%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 9 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Air.......

Cooler Master HAFx
Asus Sabertooth x58
Intel i7 950
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair xms3 (12GB @ 1600Mhz
Asus GTX 560 ti
xfx 8800 GTS xxx 320mb (physics)
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000 watt

Water on CPU, air on everything else for 24/7. Cascade and single stage phase change for benching :D

We could expand the choices into the following for the next poll and maybe add "24/7" in the title, but it may make it too complicated...
Air CPU/GPU/Mobo
H2O CPU/GPU/Mobo
Air CPU, H2O GPU/Mobo
Air GPU, H2O CPU/Mobo
Air Mobo, H2O CPU/GPU
Air CPU/GPU, H2O Mobo
Air GPU/Mobo, H2O CPU
Air CPU/Mobo, H2O GPU

Hello all!
New here............
Running
EVGA X58/758/W3520-Water on the CPU and mainboard, air on my 580(for now).
EVGA P55/870-Water on the CPU, air on 580.

GA-P67A-UD5- will be water when I get around to it, bought it used off flee bay. And it's in the mail. Picked up a dead PSU for it(I'll post pictures of the re-cap job on it). I will be doing some D-ice, need to collect a few more things first, I'll be joining the HB team.:comp:

I just added the results of all the previous polls to the first post. And I guess the LCLC systems and the "kits" being put out by manufacturers nowadays are making a difference in the amount of members using water on their main system, because water usage has jumped well over 10% this year so far.

I bought my Swiftech Apogee kit in 2006. I'm still using it to cool my main PC's CPU. Water is a great investment that you can move from system to system over time. This pic is from my E6600 system.

Attachments

• DCP_0733.jpg
    DCP_0733.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 168
JLK03F150 - LOL nice setup :thup: Can you explain it to me??

As to the results of the poll so far, I'm a bit surprised that more people are using air than water. I would have thought it would be the other way around, seeing as this is overclockers.com! I just went to Best Buy today and lo and behold, I saw a Corsair H50 kit and the next step up, the H60 (?) - I couldn't believe I was seeing water cooling kits being sold at a place like Worst Buy.

Thanks Dave! :D The short explanation is "I has a bucket!" :p

The somewhat longer explanation is when I upgraded from a water cooled P4 to Core2 Duo with Crossfire, the pump & reservoir wouldn't fit in my tight little mid-tower case with two video cards. So I went to an ACE hardware & picked up my fancy $1.79 bucket. :) I also got casters because the case is a bottom breather & needed to get off the floor. The bucket holds the radiator, pump and reservoir - clearing up the little bit of space in the case.

I would think we'd need a new category now that the self-contained water coolers for cpu only (H50/60/70/80 & similar) are common.

My previous rig is water on CPU, GPU x2, and Northbridge. But my current one is Corsair H50 for CPU only, all else on air.

Maybe simply:

• Air
  • Water
  • Hybrid (Water CPU only)
  • Other

Last edited:
I would think we'd need a new category now that the self-contained water coolers for cpu only (H50/60/70/80 & similar) are common.

My previous rig is water on CPU, GPU x2, and Northbridge. But my current one is Corsair H50 for CPU only, all else on air.

Maybe simply:

• Air
  • Water
  • Hybrid (Water CPU only)
  • Other

No, the LCLC systems such as the Antec Kuhler and Corsair Hxxx systems are true water systems for cpu only and come under the heading of water. They are just an "all-in-one" solution that is a drop in. And I edited the poll to show that they do belong in the water category. And the "kits" such as the XSPC Rasa and Swiftech H20-x20 Edge kits come under the same heading too. :)

Air A70, nearly went down the water cooling path but it wouldn't be practical as I have to move my PC to and from Uni at least twice a year and I didn't want the risk of getting my hardware wet or the hassle of preparing it to move safely.

I don't have anything OC'd either currently.

Water cooling is expensive. My custom CPU water cooling was ~$425 before buying fans for it. Whereas good CPU air coolers can be had ~$50-100.

guess ill add beings ive added new parts.

Corsair H100 p/p 4x Ultra Kaze 3000 on a AMD 1055t-min 17c max 48c @ 3.92 1100rpm

I also mod my extra H70 to whatever gpu i am running at the time. Right now it is currently cooling an Asus Matrix ROG GTX 580

Min 24c max 54c @ 1001mzh Max oc so far- 2x 90mm in the shroud (stock) plus i use 2x120mm for the rad (the ones that came with my H100) at 1100rpm

Wonderfull setup, very quiet and no spill worrys, cleaning,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back