• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PSU is in; Crash 11 minutes into aida 64 stress test(memory code error)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

So, I just installed my new PSU, an EVGA SUPERnova G3 650 watt PSU, and everything booted fine; Ran Aida64 since I also reapplied thermal paste and remounted the CPU heatsink.

11 minutes and 1 second in the pc locks up completely, the reset switch didn't function, had to shut off by holding power switch.

Went to boot back up, and it hung, Error code 55 on the debug module(I love that thing)(No memory installed as reported by ASROCK codes.) I figured, hey, that's possible, I did have to take out the ram closest to the heatsink to install the behemouth Heatsink. So I cracked open the case and pulled it out and pushed it back in.

Started back up no problem after that.

I'm thinking of running an extended stress test again to see if the issue replicates itself;

On a side note, is there any way to monitor the fan speeds of the PSU?

That was an old way...

Most with software (corsair) can read rpm, otherwise, no.

Im surprised it even turns on....your fan.

That was an old way...

Most with software (corsair) can read rpm, otherwise, no.

I'm surprised it even turns on....your fan.

The back compartment of my Air 540 has 0 airflow, so it does kick on due to that most likely. That said, it isn't on 90% of the time, was a matter of curiosity; Gotta update my siggy.

Also, as an unexpected bonus, The foam packing material they used is the perfect size to fit my G933 headset in and keep it upright, so it takes up FAR less room than it did before.

Has not yet frozen since reseating the ram, came back from dinner and was still running; so Stability seems to have established itself.

---

Another interesting note; since dusting out the heatsink, and reapplying thermal paste with much higher quantities of paste, my temps have dropped 11C off my max, to a nice and breezy 56C on load. But I may soon go AIO or even custom loop soonish, to try and lower the noise levels of the pc further. Dropping the psu fan noise, It is audibly quieter than it was before. I have set some of my fans to shut off under certain cpu temps, So that helped a bit, but the loudest fan in there aside from the video card fans is the slim 140mm fan.

Last edited:
Back