• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Radiator Input - Output

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
one side in the other out is the better way to insure all air gets out. I'd use the bottom single port for a drain port.

Sorry Picture was wrong - single port on the other side is bottom.

But is that correct? because while im cleaning the radiator it feels like the double ports are different chambers

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 400
One side is the same for all ports. You'll still have to have one side as input and other side as output. Dual chamber is saying that the flow will go through a two stage cooling process as opposed to going through one chamber or one pass. The top port, yes, will be used as a drain and bleed process.

But drainport at the top of the radiator? Ok Sorry for my bad English - so i should set the left bottom port as input and the right bottom port as output right? Would that work? Because someone told me in another forum to go in bottom and out at the top to get the air out.

But drainport at the top of the radiator? Ok Sorry for my bad English - so i should set the left bottom port as input and the right bottom port as output right? Would that work? Because someone told me in another forum to go in bottom and out at the top to get the air out.

They are wrong.

Again, one side in and other side out. Top will be used for filling and bleeding the loop.

Here's a identical thread to yours a while back.

I'm a bit confused by all this sides and tops talk as to what exactly is being said so I just edited your image to show which ports to use

h111.png

The arrows show the flow path through the rad. Its a quad pass design. You can see that if the other port is used for anything other than a drain or bleed port then water will not flow through the whole radiator. Either 2/3 or 1/3 of the rad would not be used.

Last edited:
What now? so u tell me now to connect Input and Output on one Side - Jack told me left bottom in and right bottom out.

Btw my Single Port is on the Bottom should i turn the Radiator so the one Single port is on the top?

And u go in at the left Top Port is that right? I Thought u should go everytime input at the bottom cuz of the Air?

What now? so u tell me now to connect Input and Output on one Side - Jack told me left bottom in and right bottom out.

Btw my Single Port is on the Bottom should i turn the Radiator so the one Single port is on the top?

And u go in at the left Top Port is that right? I Thought u should go everytime input at the bottom cuz of the Air?

See, I think you are confused because people are refering to the same ports as sides and top and bottom at the same time. Is it side as in side of the picture or side as in side of the radiator? Is the rad in the picture standing upright or on its side?
Seems like a lot of confusion here.

Anyway, the rad works as the diagram shows.

Last edited:
See, I think you are confused because people are refering to the same ports as sides and top and bottom at the same time. Is it side as in side of the picture or side as in side of the radiator? Is the rad in the picture standing upright or on its side? Seems like a lot of confusion.

Anyway, the rad works as the diagram shows.

What do you recommend Top or Bot Input?

What do you recommend Top or Bot Input?

It doesn't matter as long as you use one of the marked ports as inlet and one as outlet. Radiators don't really have a top and bottom as such, they can be used in any orientation and in any flow direction. They have ends. The inlet/outlet end and the drain end.

Unless they are the rarer single pass or multi-pass directed flow designs like the Aquacomputer rads

Last edited:
Back