• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig Builded First Time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyzum

Registered
So After a boring 1 hour of cable management everything is done, I was just wondering if the Temps below is Normal for my Nuctua NH Dh14 With an i5 3570k at idle?, Also if the GPU is running Okay. Its my Old 5870 i didnt see any reason to upgrade before 660 ti. Also is the Voltage alright and stuff at those Standard settings , im looking to Overclock to around 4.3-4.4 . Motherboard is P8Z77-V LX

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Idle temps don't really mean anything, you want to be concerned with your load temps while running Prime95 or IBT.

Ok , How long should i run the Prime95 on stock settings to see the if my Nuctua NH DH14 is cooling as what is called Normal?

Just run it until the temperatures stop rising. Normal really depends on the chip, each one is slightly different.

Now this is wierd or its just me being a ******. I didn't change anything at all to the i5 3570k however its running at 4.292Ghz under full load while running the Prime 95, isnt it supposed to run at 3.4Ghz Stock settings? :p, However Max Temp was 65C and was dropping down to 60-62 in the end and bouncing there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i found the problem why it was running at 4.2 ghz, was running with the motherboard turbo option , however i changed it back to Normal Option now , however when i start up my Prime95 Test, it instant gives me this error.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

This happened on all the Workers and they stopped. Might be something with some voltage or the ram?, Just find it quite wierd since its Stock Settings...

i found the problem why it was running at 4.2 ghz, was running with the motherboard turbo option , however i changed it back to Normal Option now , however when i start up my Prime95 Test, it instant gives me this error.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

This happened on all the Workers and they stopped. Might be something with some voltage or the ram?, Just find it quite wierd since its Stock Settings...

think i found the problem, after bumping it back to Normal Settings

Core Voltage was set to 1.040 and i bumped it up to 1.100 and seems to work fine now. Is it normal to Manual change the Core Voltage for your system to be stable on Stock settings (Prime95)

Anyone?:p

Last edited:
yes, very normal that you might have to alter the Vcore a little.
especially now that you are on the higher end of the chips.

in general, if your Vcore is under 1.45V then you just need to watch your temps.
run p95, until you see no temp raise for an hour, then you probably have found the temp plateau. :)

If you are happy with that temp. continue as normal
if you are unhappy, look for better cooling option. (I will say TJmax - 10'C is in general what I want as max.)
If you want more speed, then raise multiplier, raise Vcore, rinse and repeat.

before you know it, you will be on the water cooling forum. (grins evilly)

Back