• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New rig, last check before I buy it :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baris_

Hello!

I usually do this, just to see if I didn't make a mistake in something not being compatible or what not. I remember once having bought a case where my GPU didn't fit. I completely overlooked it so from that time on I always do a last check on this forum to be sure and you guys are always very helpful!

Item in bold I already have.

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass [Black Edition]
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K
Cooler: Cryorig H7
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @ 2400 MHz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX970 TwinFrozr @ 1214/1853 MHz [stock] [Load: 59°]
Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB (also using another SSHD)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2

Thanks in advance.

Baris

Last edited:
Hello!

I usually do this, just to see if I didn't make a mistake in something not being compatible or what not. I remember once having bought a case where my GPU didn't fit. I completely overlooked it so from that time on I always do a last check on this forum to be sure and you guys are always very helpful!

Item in bold I already have.

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass [Black Edition]
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K
Cooler: Cryorig H7
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @ 2400 MHz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX970 TwinFrozr @ 1214/1853 MHz [stock] [Load: 59°]
Solid State Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2

Thanks in advance.

Baris

Looks fine I would Dubble check the height of that Cooler just to make sure it fits the case .
And when ever I buy a bunch of parts I also get a tube of TIM (cause I can never seam to find mine)

Do you have a OS or a USB drive to install one ?

Looks fine I would Dubble check the height of that Cooler just to make sure it fits the case .
And when ever I buy a bunch of parts I also get a tube of TIM (cause I can never seam to find mine)

Do you have a OS or a USB drive to install one ?

Yeah, I already put an iso file on my USB. Thanks.

The case specifies a maximum of 160 mm height and the height of the H7 is 145 mm so we're good!

I would wait 10 days: coffee lake is out the 5th of October...
+1
you might be able to get a 6 core for ~ the same price

Aren't there usually issues when a new line first comes out? I really can't be bothered with that after going through the issues I went through the past few weeks with my current rig..

Or am I overthinking it?

Last edited:
I think you overthink it! ;)

You'll have 50% more core, CPU overclocking in the 4.8/5GHz range on air (it seems), for the same price (roughly) as a Sky Lake platform.

It's a no brainer IMO!

I think you overthink it! ;)

You'll have 50% more core, CPU overclocking in the 4.8/5GHz range on air (it seems), for the same price (roughly) as a Sky Lake platform.

It's a no brainer IMO!

Go raibh maith agat! ;)

I'll wait and see what's new on the fifth.

If you go with Coffee Lake you might want to pre-order the CPU and motherboard. There will be a big run on them the first week or so and stores/on-line retailers might sell out. And if it debuts on October 5 that doesn't mean it will be available in the retail channels at that time. It will show up in OEM applications before it is available to the aftermarket channels.

Last edited:
If you go with Coffee Lake you might want to pre-order the CPU and motherboard. There will be a big run on them the first week or so and stores/on-line retailers might sell out. And if it debuts on October 5 that doesn't mean it will be available in the retail channels at that time. It will show up in OEM applications before it is available to the aftermarket channels.

So how long does that usually take? I kinda need a PC soon..

I want to say 2-3 weeks but I'm not that sure about it. I looked on NewEgg and they aren't even advertising Coffee preorders yet. Don't see any signs of Z370 motherboards available yet, either. I looked on Amazon as well.

You could pick up a cheap socket 1151 celeron or Pentium off ebay if you need to compute before then and are determined to go with Coffee Lake.

- - - Updated - - -

The H7 is the smaller unit of the lineup. If you have the clearance, consider the H5, its bigger, and has a better cooling capability. Runs a 140mm fan setup. Clearance with ram is an issue, only the ram without tall heatspreaders will fit, unless you get the slim fan 140mm unit, universal.

I want to say 2-3 weeks but I'm not that sure about it. I looked on NewEgg and they aren't even advertising Coffee preorders yet. Don't see any signs of Z370 motherboards available yet, either. I looked on Amazon as well.

You could pick up a cheap socket 1151 celeron or Pentium off ebay if you need to compute before then and are determined to go with Coffee Lake.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Celer...304257&hash=item4d6466ac3d:g:o-oAAOSwLyVZ0A1f

Alright thanks for the advice I'll keep that in mind that is actually not a bad way to go.

The H7 is the smaller unit of the lineup. If you have the clearance, consider the H5, its bigger, and has a better cooling capability. Runs a 140mm fan setup. Clearance with ram is an issue, only the ram without tall heatspreaders will fit, unless you get the slim fan 140mm unit, universal.

Thanks dude I'll check it out!

Coffelake launches 10/5. Cpu and mobos should be available to buy day 1.

I checked a couple of days ago on Amazon and NewEgg for preorder offers. None yet. Whey have we not seen them and why do we not see laptops and OEM computers with CL yet which usually come out with the new stuff first?

Rumors are that there are going to be major shortages until 2018 so then I'd definitly go for what I've stated above..

Yep, that is why I said pre-order if you can!

EDIt: That was in the Coffee Lake thread.

Yeah, we can't even do that over here. There's no prices no nothing on any dutch website.

It seems to be the case that only in a non-gaming setting that the 8700K is stronger than its predecessors. I think I might just go for the 7700k build so I spend less money and have it way earlier.

Back