• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New silver water block...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tempS! teMPS!!TEMPS!!! post some results as soon as ya fire her up rainmaqer .ooops almsot forgot PLEASE.:p

deathstar13 said:
tempS! teMPS!!TEMPS!!! post some results as soon as ya fire her up rainmaqer .ooops almsot forgot PLEASE.:p

LOL... just gotta wait for the JBweld to cure or whatever it does... then figure out a mounting mechanism... gonna be difficult as this one is a slot 1 prototype... the socket 370 version hasn't been started yet... maybe I can rig it up... other wise I'll have to wait until my new celery 333 gets here (its the slot version)... I'll try though.;)

just stand there and hold it on. but make sure you get the right psi on it ,dont wanna burn it up! ok go try that ill wait here!

lol j/k man. anyhow i really like the idea. lets hope ya made a winner!

Well on a stupid duron 800 (it's all I have handy right now. My motherboard was eating cpu's for lunch. Duron 800, 900, and athlonxp 1500) Mine is getting 11c to 12c over ambient room temp. The durons cool worse so I would say that once I rma the xp the temps should be even lower. Oh and in my experiance these temps should be about what I will get with the xp overclocked. Ah ain't it nice the way water holds temps so well when overclocking.

One last thing my arcitc alumina just ran out so that was with regular generic thermal paste. The as3 is on the way which should also lower it a few.

that sounds like very good temps. what was you getting with a similer copper block? yeh im loven watercooling and its just sitting on my table testing.
the reason im asking about a all copper block is im wanting to know how much the silver may have helped?

webmedic... are you going to enter the waterblock challenge? It's been set up by Bender and I... I'd like to see how your block competes with mine... your doing copper with silver and I'm doing aluminum with silver... I'm curious as to what difference the metals used will have on temps... take a look... we're working on a prize ;)

Well in my system the maze2 was giving about 2 or 3 c higher than the silver one. It's a little hard for me to judge because I've gotten much better temps before; about 7 or 8c above room with my maze2 but that was using a much bigger radiator with 2 fans.

All in all my current setup is a little warmer but not much and it is tons more quiet. The hard drive makes more noise than my water settup now. If you would like to see some pics of how it is look here. The differences are that the pics show a maze2 block and a res. For now I'm using the silver block and an ehiem 1250. I will test with the res later and see how much the temps differ. Usually my res gives the same temps as the ehiem. The only reason I changed it is to see if more flow whould affect the performance of the silver block.

Here's the pics:http://community.webshots.com/album/30556976fWLpIMxkEt

Also theres some pics of another block i'm working on. It's made out of an alpha pal8045.

I'm thinking about putting it in the challenge. I wanted to test it first to see how well it cooled. I've tried a few other designs that didn't do to well.

Last edited:
Back