• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System (normal Temps?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaXe

Registered
Hey Guys :)

I got my new PC and full custom waterloop about a week ago.
I started playing a bit with the overclock today and in my opinion the temps are a bit high.

I know I'm dealing with a i7-8700k here and it's suposed to get hot real easy.
However with the components used I think it should be lower.
I'm not seeing any bubbles in the blocks or tubes and the rads shouldn't have any in them as well.

For the OC I have it at 5GHz and 1.325 vCore.
It is delidded and has Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut LM under the IHS and AS5 in between IHS and CPU block.
The temps go up to 80°C and I've seen 85°C as well.

The flow is: Res -> XT45 -> CPU -> ST30 -> GPU -> Res

Now I have to say the temps only get that high when I run prime95 on Small FFTs. Temps_SmallFFTS.png
(I know that it'll never get to that state normally)
I didn't find any comparable benchmarks online.

When I run it on Blend the temps look pretty normal.. I think. Temps_Blend.png

My ambient temps are about 22-23°C and the case is still completely open (no side-panels or anything installed currently.
I know that the SilentWings aren't exactly good for this but they should still do the job since the case is completely open ATM.
I have the SilentWings on the 420mm and the Vardars on the 360mm Rad.

I didn't play with the GPU overclock yet, I am planning to do so though.

PC-Components:
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC)
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC (Conductonaut Liquid Metal)
Intel i7-8700k (delidded - Conductonaut Liquid Metal)
Corsair RM1000i
Corsair MP500 240gb
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Torque - 32GB - 3200MHz - CL14-16-16-36
Samsung 850 Evo 1tb
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
1x beQuiet SilentWings3 (Will get switched out with Corsair LL140 in about a month or so)

Watcercooling-Components:
Phanteks Glacier GTX 1080 Ti ASUS Strix
Phanteks Glacier C350i
Alphacool NexXxoS Eisbrecher Pro XT45 Full Copper 360mm
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 420mm
Alphacool VPP755 PWM
3x Vardar
3x beQuiet SilentWings3 (Will get switched out with Corsair LL140s in about a month or so)

Please notify me in case something isn't understandable or missing.

I know that it's not really price efficient so you don't have to notify me of that ^^
It's supposed to become my main Gaming-Setup.. So it's balls ot the wall in power and looks.

Last edited:
You are correct Alaric.

PaXe, try running the same OC using Aida64(free) and lets see what your load temps are there. For the record 80°C is fine for a load temp on these CPU's. Honestly you should be fine up into the 90's but most like to keep their temps where you have them.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct Alaric.

PaXe, try running the same OC using Aida64(free) and lets see what your load temps are there. For the record 80°C is fine for a load temp on these CPU's. Honestly you should be fine up into the 90's but most like to keep their temps where you have them.

EDIT: Also your attachments didn't work for me. Try using the "Insert Image" icon. This seems to be the easiest way to add pics here.

Back