• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to ocing Core i7 920

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LUV2oc

Registered
oc.jpg

Wanna get the volts lower but this seemed to be the only stable voltage to run on prime 95. Have qpi-3.0v, CPu pll 1.8v, IOH@ 1.3v dram is @ 1.66. I have speedstep and turbomode both enabled and everything else is on auto. Also the temps shown are idle they top out around 80C under full load on prime. is that acceptable?

Specs are: Core i7920
asus p6t deluxe v2
6gb corsair dominator ddr3 1600 triple channel 8-8-8-24 1.65v
thermaltake toughpower modular 1000w
coolermaster v10
xfx gtx285
WD 1TB cavair black
htomega claro plus
Vista hp 32bit
antec 1200

Last edited:
QPI of 3.0 volts?!? Is that a misprint? Is it 1.3volts? That would be more inline with what I would expect honestly. On Asus boards QPI/Dram is your vtt voltage. Asus just uses a screwed up name imo. Any other board calls it vtt or cpuvtt afaik.

Get a new OS. 32bit OS's can only see about 3.5Gig of your 6G of ram. You need a 64bit OS to use it all.

Temps of 80C seem to be about the max acceptable on air but I run water myself and rarely get it to break the 70's even with LinX and only the mid 60s with P95.

What is your vCore running at? Auto raises it for higher OC's on most boards but most have reported it running a bit over what they need. May want to explore that a bit more imo.

Good luck and have fun with your build.

Agreed on a 64bit os. Not only more RAM but for bragging rights :D.

I'll recommend running intelburntest (site down temporarily) and memtest86+ (burn it as an iso image onto a cd to boot from it) for faster error detection and more thorough stability test. Alternatively, run linpack (similar to intelburntest, if not identical) off OCCT.

Good overclock you've got! Continue pushing it.

temps dont look bad to me. I have one that will stay reasonable on temps and one that is just one hot muther

QPI of 3.0 volts?!? Is that a misprint? Is it 1.3volts? That would be more inline with what I would expect honestly. On Asus boards QPI/Dram is your vtt voltage. Asus just uses a screwed up name imo. Any other board calls it vtt or cpuvtt afaik.

Get a new OS. 32bit OS's can only see about 3.5Gig of your 6G of ram. You need a 64bit OS to use it all.

Temps of 80C seem to be about the max acceptable on air but I run water myself and rarely get it to break the 70's even with LinX and only the mid 60s with P95.

What is your vCore running at? Auto raises it for higher OC's on most boards but most have reported it running a bit over what they need. May want to explore that a bit more imo.

Good luck and have fun with your build.

I hear ya on the 32 bit im gunna get windows 7 64 bit when it comes out so i bought the 6 gb of ram as overhead and with my cooler if i had to put more ram in i'd have to take my mobo out to do it which is a pain. O yea and misprint it was 1.35 volts

Last edited:
Untitled1.jpg
(under prime 95 blend)

Dropped it to 3.8 but i lowered the cpu volts a ton and it seems to run more stable. I really wanna hit 4 stable without raising the cpu voltage to much, any suggestions?

It seems that once you hit 3.8, you have to increase voltage massive amounts to OC further. It's not worth it in my opinion. Make sure you disable HT.

If your luckily enough it doesn't ask for more until 4-4.4Ghz depending on how lucky you are. At 4.35Ghz was pretty good, but then needed a big bump for 4.4Ghz and I keep it at 4Ghz daily as it saves money, and 4.35Ghz+ for benching/transcoding.

If your luckily enough it doesn't ask for more until 4-4.4Ghz depending on how lucky you are. At 4.35Ghz was pretty good, but then needed a big bump for 4.4Ghz and I keep it at 4Ghz daily as it saves money, and 4.35Ghz+ for benching/transcoding.

Guess im not that lucky i got it to run stable on prime at 4.1 but i had to juice it to 1.44v which i didnt like. i can get it to boot @ 4.0 with 1.35v but once i hit prime it bsod's me. maybe a bum chip? Also in prime should i be blending with 4 workers instead of 8?

Last edited:
I don't think it's a bum chip...A bum chip wouldn't let you get to 4.0 period...it's a good chip just maybe not the best out of the batch it came out of...

Back